on a lighter note...

241982097_939322519996399_3299897475683505293_n.jpg

Jack_Daniels.png

That was after I grew up.
As you are 6 days younger than my mom, I assume you didn’t have a TV until your teen years or a tape recorder until your 20s if you were lucky. My father lived in northern Ontario and it was even longer before they got those new fangled gadgets.

As you are 6 days younger than my mom, I assume you didn’t have a TV until your teen years or a tape recorder until your 20s if you were lucky. My father lived in northern Ontario and it was even longer before they got those new fangled gadgets.
We got electricity in December of 1959, (I was 19) my senior year in HS. We did get a rotary phone in 1957 on a party line. Before electricity it was battery operated radio, Aladdin lamps, and we read a lot. My folks didn't get a tv until after I left home in 1960. In a way they were the good times. We weren't exposed to all the crud and corruption in the world and people were much more honest.

@Newboomer A bit younger than you (1952) but we had the party line ph with operator till I left home in "67 and parents only got tv the year after in our part of the country. Never went to the movies and had the best upbringing possible with good country entertainment, hunting/fishing and reading or listening to the stories on the radio and this gives our imagination a great workout as we "see" the stories we heard.

@Newboomer A bit younger than you (1952) but we had the party line ph with operator till I left home in "67 and parents only got tv the year after in our part of the country. Never went to the movies and had the best upbringing possible with good country entertainment, hunting/fishing and reading or listening to the stories on the radio and this gives our imagination a great workout as we "see" the stories we heard.
Growing up on a farm we always had plenty of chores to keep us busy. In our free time we hunted, worked in the woods, and entertained ourselves. Saturdays were for the week's shopping and going to the movies, if there was a decent show. I guess we were blissfully ignorant but it was a much better upbringing than today. We learned discipline, by whatever means, developed a strong work ethic, and honesty. Business was done on a handshake and a man's word was his bond. Something to be said for the old days, good or bad.

We got electricity in December of 1959, (I was 19) my senior year in HS. We did get a rotary phone in 1957 on a party line. Before electricity it was battery operated radio, Aladdin lamps, and we read a lot. My folks didn't get a tv until after I left home in 1960. In a way they were the good times. We weren't exposed to all the crud and corruption in the world and people were much more honest.
I feel like a spring chicken at 1974. But only got a tv in 1978

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg