on a lighter note...

789325552_1083486124165239_7645930053867414898_n.jpg
 
Like my granddaughter likes to tweet, IYKYK.
 
Headlight dimmer switch.
Ooh!...That's right!....Now I remember. My '69 Chevy Impala, and up to the C-10's I owned as civilian vehicles had key ignitions and dimmer switches on the floor.

The classic I drove most often was a G.I. issue AMC "jeep" aka: Truck, 1/4 Ton, 4x4. It had the starter button switch on the floor and the "headlight dimmer switch" aka low beam, high beam, blk out drive, switch box on the lower left side of the gauge panel.

Yeah, it's hard to remember driving a true classic civilian vehicle, when one spent most of their youth in the military: walking, running, marching, riding in the rear with the gear in a transport: vehicle ("cattle car", bus, 2-1/2 or 5 ton truck), aircraft, or ship.
 
And if you don’t know what that button on the left is for…you are not Classical Trained.
In my 1971 mercury Capri it was also the windshield washer /intermittent wiper pump.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,570,744
Members
169,005
Latest member
AnneUrban8
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top