on a lighter note...

1712793507464.png

I made it crystal clear by the third date, that if ever I had to choose between hunting/guns/etc and her, within reason of course, that would be grounds to break things off.

Happy wife, happy life means also happy husband, happy wife. It takes compromise from all sides, but with some well defined red lines that should not be crossed.
Date #2 with my now wife had this same conversation.
I politely let her know I have always and will always enjoy hunting, fishing, and outdoors. Telling me I cannot go would simply result in me going anyway and her being mad about it; if that was a problem there was no reason to continue our relationship beyond being friends. 16ish years later from then, she's never told me I can't go. But I also know when I shouldn't go, and don't put her in a position to need to ask me not to. Similarly, I've made it clear that I won't tell her not to do something that she wants or keeps her happy.

Absolutely a give and take with defined lines where they need to be.

Date #2 with my now wife had this same conversation.
I politely let her know I have always and will always enjoy hunting, fishing, and outdoors. Telling me I cannot go would simply result in me going anyway and her being mad about it; if that was a problem there was no reason to continue our relationship beyond being friends. 16ish years later from then, she's never told me I can't go. But I also know when I shouldn't go, and don't put her in a position to need to ask me not to. Similarly, I've made it clear that I won't tell her not to do something that she wants or keeps her happy.

Absolutely a give and take with defined lines where they need to be.
Sounds to me like she kinda draws the line.

My wife is my biggest fan. I can hang all the mounts (she calls them dead shit) all over the house with the exception of the bedroom.

We got married at the end of Aug, and in Nov I was gone hunting for 25 days, oh and I took the Yellow Lab I gave her for her birthday. :ROFLMAO:

In 2022 I was in Africa for 22 days. She was supposed to go with me, but due to a new job she couldn’t. All she said was “be careful and don’t get hurt”.

Oh, and I don’t have to hide the guns I buy either. All she ask is if we can afford it. Doesn’t get any better than this.

I am blessed to have such a wonderful woman by my side.
(y)

My wife is my biggest fan. I can hang all the mounts (she calls them dead shit) all over the house with the exception of the bedroom.

We got married at the end of Aug, and in Nov I was gone hunting for 25 days, oh and I took the Yellow Lab I gave her for her birthday. :ROFLMAO:

In 2022 I was in Africa for 22 days. She was supposed to go with me, but due to a new job she couldn’t. All she said was “be careful and don’t get hurt”.

Oh, and I don’t have to hide the guns I buy either. All she ask is if we can afford it. Doesn’t get any better than this.

(y)
Does she have any sisters.
e-laugh.gif
e-laugh.gif

I was blessed with a wonderful wife who, at a WTF fundraiser, bid on and won a hunt with Sun Africa Safaris because, even though I had no interest in hunting South Africa, she "wanted to go someplace new." We have returned to RSA every year for the last 8 except for Covid. When there is a small uptick in political or social strife, she always asks “Hon, do we have enough ammunition?” Even when I reply in the affirmative, she suggests that I buy more. Whenever I start looking at a new gun, she knows and ask why it has my interest, then tells me “if you really like it, you should buy it.” Once, while looking at Krieghoff in 470NE with exceptional wood, engraved side plates and a 5 figure price tag, she took one look at the photos and insisted I purchase it immediately and scheduled a Cape Buffalo hunt. Yes she has a sister, a twin actually, but not nearly as special and she’s taken.​

(y)
My wife is the same.

When that LH MRC 404J came up at gunbroker, I went to talk to her about it.

"It's like 10k, right?" she asked.

"Oh heavens no, it's only 2500."

"Oh, ok, you're getting it then, right?"

Headed to RSA in August, I was planning on doing all Euro mounts.

"You should get at least one of them shoulder-mounted."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrohimotx

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double