on a lighter note...

What? You never went into a restaurant and made an order to go (Togo)?
Hey Doug, you have to remember our across the pond members call to go take away. We may all speak a form of the English language but our word, word phrases and definitions don't always mean the same.:cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just a couple examples:

Knock me up
British: come visit
American: get me pregnant

Give me a ring
British: call me
American: I want to get married

Hey Doug, you have to remember our across the pond members call to go take away. We may all speak a form of the English language but our word, word phrases and definitions don't always mean the same.:cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just a couple examples:

Knock me up

Give me a ring
Luister nou fokken mooi = universal :ROFLMAO:

meancat.jpg
This post made my day... awesome haha

Sorry, Bob, I couldn't resist. ;-)

View attachment 597858
@cash_tx
I know why the 243 is blurred
It's because the woman portraying the 35 Whelen is far better looking as it should be.
That's the reason people buy a 243 because the have trouble with their eyes and they are tearing up because they know they are settleing on something inferior.
Bob

Just a couple examples:

Knock me up

Give me a ring
Yeah, I know. It's kind of like someone my age having a conversation with someone in their twenties. We're separated by a common language.

Just a couple examples:

Knock me up

Give me a ring

Effeminate American men carry = A Fanny Pack
European Weird men carry = A bum bag

Either way, its still pretty gay.

My actual favorite though when it comes to a completely abused language:

Brits saying Brilliant in a sentence: "Making that left turn back then was absolutely brilliant!". Translation, you literally saved us two minutes on the roads.

American teacher using brilliant in a sentence: "Your child is brilliant, we recommend you sell your home and possessions so they can fulfill their destiny at Princeton".

(FYI brits...if an American says something is brilliant, it means something, when you say it its a synonym for adequate)

In Zimbabwe 40 years ago, I was perplexed by the term "just now" which means later.

I was born in California as were my parents and all.of my grandparents. We referred to ourselves as "Natives" to that state. Do not ask a Boer if he doesn't s a native. It will.not go over well.

I was really surprised to hear what they meant by the term "fanny." Don't say it in polite company. Here it means "butt." There it means a slightly different part of the female anatomy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikelRason

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?