on a lighter note...

Hey Doug, you have to remember our across the pond members call to go take away. We may all speak a form of the English language but our word, word phrases and definitions don't always mean the same.:cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just a couple examples:

Knock me up
British: come visit
American: get me pregnant

Give me a ring
British: call me
American: I want to get married
Luister nou fokken mooi = universal :ROFLMAO:
 
meancat.jpg
This post made my day... awesome haha
 
Sorry, Bob, I couldn't resist. ;-)

View attachment 597858
@cash_tx
I know why the 243 is blurred
It's because the woman portraying the 35 Whelen is far better looking as it should be.
That's the reason people buy a 243 because the have trouble with their eyes and they are tearing up because they know they are settleing on something inferior.
Bob
 
Hey Doug, you have to remember our across the pond members call to go take away. We may all speak a form of the English language but our word, word phrases and definitions don't always mean the same.:cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just a couple examples:

Knock me up
British: come visit
American: get me pregnant

Give me a ring
British: call me
American: I want to get married
Yeah, I know. It's kind of like someone my age having a conversation with someone in their twenties. We're separated by a common language.
 
Hey Doug, you have to remember our across the pond members call to go take away. We may all speak a form of the English language but our word, word phrases and definitions don't always mean the same.:cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just a couple examples:

Knock me up
British: come visit
American: get me pregnant

Give me a ring
British: call me
American: I want to get married


Effeminate American men carry = A Fanny Pack
European Weird men carry = A bum bag

Either way, its still pretty gay.

My actual favorite though when it comes to a completely abused language:

Brits saying Brilliant in a sentence: "Making that left turn back then was absolutely brilliant!". Translation, you literally saved us two minutes on the roads.

American teacher using brilliant in a sentence: "Your child is brilliant, we recommend you sell your home and possessions so they can fulfill their destiny at Princeton".


(FYI brits...if an American says something is brilliant, it means something, when you say it its a synonym for adequate)
 
In Zimbabwe 40 years ago, I was perplexed by the term "just now" which means later.

I was born in California as were my parents and all.of my grandparents. We referred to ourselves as "Natives" to that state. Do not ask a Boer if he doesn't s a native. It will.not go over well.

I was really surprised to hear what they meant by the term "fanny." Don't say it in polite company. Here it means "butt." There it means a slightly different part of the female anatomy.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,237
Members
169,287
Latest member
MarcellaHo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top