on a lighter note...

Yeah, I left out Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada, admittedly they each get snow in the higher elevations. But I was keeping with the thread photo of a lot of consistant cold winds, natural snow, ponds/ lakes icing over, and freezing temps.

I also didn't include Washington State, Oregon, and several of the northern plains states.

For the most part those that play hockey in the desert southwest learn to play in a controlled environment.

When I lived in Tucson the local winter time joke was to go up to Mt Lemon and snow ski in the morning, freezing ones hinney and then return to the desert floor to warm up and go swimming in the afternoon.

I never learned to ski so I spent much of my time at the Tucson Rod and Gun Club, sadly from what another AH member told me is now long gone.
A few people here in the Phoenix valley like to tee and ski. Golf in the morning and ski in Flagstaff in the afternoon. As for me growing up and working all my life in Northern Ontario, I could care less if I ever see snow again.
 
IMG-20240221-WA0003.jpg
 
Hard to believe the top goal scorer in the NHL was born and raised in Phoenix AZ. But he does play for my hometown team, the Toronto Maple Leafs!
Looks like I might have to block you now. ; )
 
Best part about traveling to Toronto was staying at Wheels Inn and watching the Wings beat the Leafs.

In a past life my job came with a suite at what was then the Air Canada Center. As a lifelong Habs fan I was always in trouble when they came to town!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,842
Members
169,433
Latest member
AlanSmeado
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top