on a lighter note...

hunting shorts meme.jpeg
 
Short question for the members here, that does not quite merit its own thread, but that has been bothering me: Every now and then, when the topic of literature is brought up, the site safaripress.com is brought up. While about a year or more ago they had indeed a good selection available on their site, since then I have never seen more than 12 books total available? Am I doing something wrong? Is there another location where I can find the full catalog?
 
Short question for the members here, that does not quite merit its own thread, but that has been bothering me: Every now and then, when the topic of literature is brought up, the site safaripress.com is brought up. While about a year or more ago they had indeed a good selection available on their site, since then I have never seen more than 12 books total available? Am I doing something wrong? Is there another location where I can find the full catalog?

Safari Press usually only has their latest releases for sale. Older books need to be purchased second hand from Ebay or other places.

They do have an affiliate, Worldwide Hunting Books. This is a good resource for antique and out of print books.
https://www.worldwidehuntingbooks.com/

Another place for good books is Sporting Classics. They have both regular print editions and limited editions for sale.
https://sportingclassics.com/

My personal favorite is Abe Books. Here, all the small bookshops of the world post their books for sale. Great resource, but you need to know what you're looking for.
https://www.abebooks.com/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Safari Press usually only has their latest releases for sale. Older books need to be purchased second hand from Ebay or other places.

They do have an affiliate, Worldwide Hunting Books. This is a good resource for antique and out of print books.
https://www.worldwidehuntingbooks.com/

Another place for good books is Sporting Classics. They have both regular print editions and limited editions for sale.
https://sportingclassics.com/

My personal favorite is Abe Books. Here, all the small bookshops of the world post their books for sale. Great resource, but you need to know what you're looking for.
https://www.abebooks.com/

Well this post just cost me 150 dollars, but I got some books coming my way!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
1687388134492.jpeg
 
1687388158012.jpeg
 
1687388226255.jpeg
 
1687389727329.png
 
1687389739480.png
 
Short question for the members here, that does not quite merit its own thread, but that has been bothering me: Every now and then, when the topic of literature is brought up, the site safaripress.com is brought up. While about a year or more ago they had indeed a good selection available on their site, since then I have never seen more than 12 books total available? Am I doing something wrong? Is there another location where I can find the full catalog?
Ludo Wurfbain sold Safari Press (including the inventory) to Rowman Littlefield last summer. If you search Rowman Littlefield's site, you can find a bunch of Safari Press books. I'm not sure of their plans for the future and Mr. Wurfbain didn't know when I talked to him in January. I also asked Craig Boddington about future publishing plans with Rowman Littlefield, and he was waiting to see what happened.

So it's not really clear if they will be publishing any new books, or simply selling the existing inventory and/or reprinting books from the current Safari Press catalog.
 
hot_in_texas.jpeg

1687407697064.png
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,192
Members
169,505
Latest member
CharliL771
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top