on a lighter note...

FB_IMG_1679610527304.jpg

A friend got tired of the kids bashing his mailbox so he had some 3/4 inch steel plate rolled into the shape of one. He then welded it to a piece of drillsteel and painted it to where it looked like all the rest on the road. He then cemented into the ground.

He didn't have to wait very long to have it tested. The next morning he found pieces of a baseball bat and a little bit of paint off of the box.

That mailbox survived until a drunk took it out one night, the whole front end of the car was wrapped around it.

Oh come on, they played reruns of that commercial on boomerang when I was kid.
Haha! I had to Google what boomerang was. It launched in 1992. That was long after my cartoon watching years were over! :E Laugh:

My grandfather on the family farm got tired of local teenage drivers purposefully running over his mail box out on the county road. He took a section of railroad rail and buried it vertically in the ground quite deep, wrapped it with some cheap wood and then put the mailbox on top of it. A couple weeks later he heard a big crash when the teenagers tried to run it over again. Totaled their car and luckily, nobody was seriously hurt. The kids father tried getting upset with my grandfather and said he shouldn’t use a rail as a mailbox post. My grandfather said that there’s no laws dictating what could be used. Lol.

My grandfather on the family farm got tired of local teenage drivers purposefully running over his mail box out on the county road. He took a section of railroad rail and buried it vertically in the ground quite deep, wrapped it with some cheap wood and then put the mailbox on top of it. A couple weeks later he heard a big crash when the teenagers tried to run it over again. Totaled their car and luckily, nobody was seriously hurt. The kids father tried getting upset with my grandfather and said he shouldn’t use a rail as a mailbox post. My grandfather said that there’s no laws dictating what could be used. Lol.
I grew up in the country and the town was not even a map dot at the time. My Aunt and uncle lived across the road. My uncle was a welder, however growing up on a farm all of them could weld. Our mailboxes were side by side and my dad and uncle welded a cage type thing and the posts were made out of the same material. I am not quite sure I was maybe 5 or 6 when this was constructed. It kept the kids from bashing the mailboxes anymore. When we moved my dad bricked around the mailbox when they built the house. Bob has stories of bash proof mailboxes from his youth as well :E Laugh:

Previously, there was a practice of blocking unused driveways with dug-in rails, I-beams, even old oxygen cylinders. These are now barriers made of flexible plastic, so that God forbid someone does not scratch the hood. And then it was your problem. And so in the yard where I used to play, my friends designed such a rail with the help of a snowman. They meant those who kick other people's snow sculptures. But someone drove a car into this snowman. The fun succeeded.

I grew up in the country and the town was not even a map dot at the time. My Aunt and uncle lived across the road. My uncle was a welder, however growing up on a farm all of them could weld. Our mailboxes were side by side and my dad and uncle welded a cage type thing and the posts were made out of the same material. I am not quite sure I was maybe 5 or 6 when this was constructed. It kept the kids from bashing the mailboxes anymore. When we moved my dad bricked around the mailbox when they built the house. Bob has stories of bash proof mailboxes from his youth as well :E Laugh:
Also grew up in a place so small, I tired of trying to tell folks where it was. I began to tell them, the name of the place was "resume speed" TX--that's what the sign said....

Also grew up in a place so small, I tired of trying to tell folks where it was. I began to tell them, the name of the place was "resume speed" TX--that's what the sign said....
:E Laugh: Love it!

Sign posted outside Janet Yellen's office.

1679673644836.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross