on a lighter note...

272973225_484759116337443_5127277528796320939_n.jpg

Perfectly good waste of a $6million dollar Phoenix missile.
They could have given it a short blast of cannon fire for a few hundred bucks.
Also, a cannon burst would have preserved the payload so we could have seen EXACTLY what it was.

View attachment 515384View attachment 515383View attachment 515385View attachment 515386

Actually the balloon was above the operational ceiling of the fighter jet, hence the choice of downing it with a « cheap » AIM-9x missile (not a phœnix, which was only used by F-14 a long time ago)

One of the highlights of summer vacation when we were kids was running behind the mosquito spraying truck. The mist was a mixture of DDT and fuel oil. The narrative on this video is laughable. If we didn't do something to rebalance nature, we'd all be dead.

1675636550396.png

1675636629694.png

EDIT - For those that didn't grow up in the 70's & 80's...3.5 grams is what they called an 8-ball of coke aka...1/8 of an ounce. :oops:

Last edited:
One of the highlights of summer vacation when we were kids was running behind the mosquito spraying truck. The mist was a mixture of DDT and fuel oil. The narrative on this video is laughable. If we didn't do something to rebalance nature, we'd all be dead.

in the 60’s when the the mosquito spraying truck slowing traveled down the road all us kids would ride our bikes in the DDT fog. When you skinned your knee you rubbed dirt in it to make it stop bleeding. If I cried about anything my father would remove his belt and “give me something to cry about”, life made so much sense then. One black and white TV in the house and the whole family watched the same thing. What a magical time.

in the 60’s when the the mosquito spraying truck slowing traveled down the road all us kids would ride our bikes in the DDT fog. When you skinned your knee you rubbed dirt in it to make it stop bleeding. If I cried about anything my father would remove his belt and “give me something to cry about”, life made so much sense then. One black and white TV in the house and the whole family watched the same thing. What a magical time.
No tv and just the one wireless that was set to the national programme with chamber music, news and interviews. There was a story on one weekend night usually the Lone Ranger. In the country with the farm to roam and play on when not doing chores or helping out on the farm, so a perfect place to grow and learn about the important things in life. Hard work, respect, and integrity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg