on a lighter note...

dare not post this question in a serious optics thread. Does anyone know if one can purchase a shot glass made of Schott glass? I think it would be hilarious to have one. It is possible for some Germans to have a jovial side and maybe someone has thought of this.

I've tried a few searches and, as one might guess, the words do not lend themselves to a definitive internet search.
Schott glass is owned by Zeiss.
So, in theory buy a high end Zeiss scope and you should get a Schott glass.

Having said that, bad news is Schott company now is in problems, going to recession and releasing a good number of workers. This I have read lately somewhere.
Have no idea how Zeiss is managing their marketing now, and where and how their high end scopes are assembled.

Best idea I can think off, send a message to Zeiss and ask them which models would they recommend to get this particular type of high end glass.
 
I dare not post this question in a serious optics thread. Does anyone know if one can purchase a shot glass made of Schott glass? I think it would be hilarious to have one. It is possible for some Germans to have a jovial side and maybe someone has thought of this.

I've tried a few searches and, as one might guess, the words do not lend themselves to a definitive internet search.

Perhaps you ought to find someone who has accidently shot their Schott glass and stick it together into a shot glass ;-)
 
Perhaps you ought to find someone who has accidently shot their Schott glass and stick it together into a shot glass ;-)
Haha, quite possibly. Reminds me of something I heard long ago. It's a little contrived but I think appropriate for this thread on this forum.

Imagine if felt (the cloth) grew as bark on trees in fields in Africa. This works whether you pronounce "veldt" the Afrikaans way or "veld" in the English way.

After cutting down a felt tree, one might say:

"I never felt felled veldt felt like that felled veldt felt felt."
 
Haha, quite possibly. Reminds me of something I heard long ago. It's a little contrived but I think appropriate for this thread on this forum.

Imagine if felt (the cloth) grew as bark on trees in fields in Africa. This works whether you pronounce "veldt" the Afrikaans way or "veld" in the English way.

After cutting down a felt tree, one might say:

"I never felt felled veldt felt like that felled veldt felt felt."

Okay, so some people believe a little alcohol can loosen the tongue. By the time I have enough alcohol to loosen my tongue to try to say that I'll be more focused on just keeping the bar stool balanced and the room from spinning.
 
Okay, so some people believe a little alcohol can loosen the tongue. By the time I have enough alcohol to loosen my tongue to try to say that I'll be more focused on just keeping the bar stool balanced and the room from spinning.
16981951826983772498087019604421_61700340409534.jpg
 
I dare not post this question in a serious optics thread. Does anyone know if one can purchase a shot glass made of Schott glass? I think it would be hilarious to have one. It is possible for some Germans to have a jovial side and maybe someone has thought of this.

I've tried a few searches and, as one might guess, the words do not lend themselves to a definitive internet search.

I’ll ask them next time I meet them. I love the idea!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,728
Members
169,404
Latest member
Cathern859
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top