on a lighter note...

In the spirit of the holiday....


319629504_509463671280891_3090984740717603061_n.jpg
 
1671338105056.png
 
:eek: I am SO sorry.

Honestly, I'm not so sure it's a "scared" thing. I think it's more like paralytically f'ing grossed out by them. :E Shrug: :E Embarrassed:

How do you and @Just Gina ever survive your trips over this way?....not like you won't see any spiders here ...small one I just terminated which ran past my foot while watching TV....was brave and didn't use my 500 jeff or an improvised flame thrower.. :E Rofl:

20221218_132235.jpg
 
You (and everyone else) are going to think Im crazy... But Haiti is one of my favorite places on earth...

I started going there in the late 1990's somewhat regularly for work purposes.. was fairly involved in a few things for a while just before and after Aristide left in 2004... and continued to make trips for work reasons up until early 2010 (right after the big earthquake leveled much of the country)..

I could do without much of Port Au Prince.. but get out of the city, and go up the mountain to Berte or Petionville, and there are some wonderful restaurants, some very nice homes, and some incredible views to be taken in.. the north coast between Port de Piax and Cap Haitian is beautiful as well (wherever you don't see mounds of trash piled up that is... :) )...

Most people don't realize there was actually a Club Med in Haiti until 1987, and that there are still a handful of decent beach resorts in nice coastal areas today..

I found a taste for Haitian cuisine.. and still make a variety of Haitian dishes to this day... Pikliz is AWESOME! I put it on just about everything from burgers to fish to pork... its super good with eggs for breakfast... I've got my own twist on it.. rather than the traditional pikliz that uses regular green cabbage and scotch bonnet peppers, I typically use habaneros (easier to find in most grocery stores around here) and purple cabbage... it turns the dish a pretty wild, electric pink/purple color... but still tastes incredible...

I actually just made a fresh batch of purple pickliz this past weekend.. its been picking for about 5 days now.. so it should be ready to be served with tomorrows breakfast! :)

View attachment 505867

the spiders there do indeed suck though... :D

If you make it here you have to make some :A Thumbs Up::D Beers:
 
How do you and @Just Gina ever survive your trips over this way?....not like you won't see any spiders here ...small one I just terminated which ran past my foot while watching TV....was brave and didn't use my 500 jeff or an improvised flame thrower.. :E Rofl:

View attachment 506155
:giggle: That’s a fair question.
It’s like this…I tolerate them when I have to. It’s not sheer terror but then again, who knows where that line is? Small ones not so bad but the ugly plate sized freaks that eat small birds or, as @WAB describes, land on and cover your face (for what reason?) would give me a coronary if surprised by them.
Some people are grossed out by snakes or mice or other critters. I know of one person that will rocket away across the planet if she sees a rabbit. :ROFLMAO:
As for me, I would kiss a snake before I’d touch a spider. It would never be something that keeps me from hunting anywhere…but that doesn’t mean I have to like them.
I suppose most people have one thing or another they’re not so comfy with. My wife freaks when a black bear comes into the yard. So we have an agreement, she takes out the eight legged spawn of satan, and I run outside in my skivvies and tackle any black bears that wander to close. I think it an extremely fair arrangement. :A Thumbs Up:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,379
Messages
1,574,606
Members
170,070
Latest member
Edythe58M4
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top