Off to the Eastern Cape

I can say that I didn't take a gun and it was one of the best decisions that I made. We all practice our "safari" story in our head before we ever get to Africa. If your story includes a description of your personal gun complete with handloaded this and X gains of that, then take your gun because it is an important part of how you think about hunting. If not, your PHs gun will work just as well as your gun with WAY less headache. As a special bonus, the "hired" gun may have a suppressor which is worth the price of the hire just to shoot. I hate shooting my gun, I loved shooting with the suppressor!!!!
It's definitely an added headache but not too bad especially if you are working with someone who can deal with the SAPS at the airport.

I'm one of those guys who is very particular about my rifles and have a considerable collection of same and I just couldn't imagine not taking my own. The history one has with their own weapons is part of the story and the legacy that follows each hunt; at least for me.
 
It's definitely an added headache but not too bad especially if you are working with someone who can deal with the SAPS at the airport.

I'm one of those guys who is very particular about my rifles and have a considerable collection of same and I just couldn't imagine not taking my own. The history one has with their own weapons is part of the story and the legacy that follows each hunt; at least for me.

That is exactly my point ... if the gun is part of your story ... take it. But, there are some of us who don't care and thus don't take a rifle.
 
That is exactly my point ... if the gun is part of your story ... take it. But, there are some of us who don't care and thus don't take a rifle.
I definitely understand. I had a lot of my own customers whom over the years got rather attached to some of my shotguns and chose to shoot them year after year rather than bring their own.

Big game hunting was a very small part of my outfitting business and so almost no one brought rifles along and were happy to shoot mine when needed.

I on the other hand am admitted "gun nut" according to many folk's definition of same.

I put a lot of time and money into customizing my rifles to fit and suit me so to me the added hassle is worth it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,414
Messages
1,575,522
Members
170,345
Latest member
LavonneAld
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top