Nothing better than hunting with your son!

Marcos Rodriguez

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Mex/S.Amer
I hadn't gone out hunting with my eldest son for months (Manuel)
Whenever we went out, until now, he accompanied me with his rifle (they share it with their younger brother Matias, a 3030 single shot that I assembled with an old Remington rolling block) but I never left him alone, I was always there to tell him what to do, or when shoot
He is 19 years old...
I was about to go to a friend's field, where the wild boars roam the pits and the full moon was beautiful to go looking for them, and I said "Manuel, are we going to hunt?" His face lit up... "Dad, I thought you were never going to ask me!"
We arrived at the field and I told him "from now on you have to start hunting alone... We're going to separate"...
We arrived at a small internal street that borders an irrigation channel and the wild boars could be heard in the undergrowth in front
I tell him "stay here, at this bend in the canal, looking at both sides of the street, I'm going 500 meters further, to the other passes that there are... successes!"
And there I left it...
I managed to reach another bend further on from where I could see on both sides if the animals were passing, I called him on the handy to see if he was alright and tell him to arrive, I signal him with the flashlight to mark my position (all security elements that we are always careful to apply) and I say "Come on son, you can"
I didn't finish taking off my backpack, settling him against a post, I was getting comfortable and I heard "plaaa puuum"... noise from a shot...
I call him on the radio and he says "i got one"...
A beautiful little pig, his first solitary prey, and seeing him as a hunter with all the letters, is something that every father yearns for, and fills him with pride...
I wanted to share this with you, I am very happy
1650886685146.png

1650886556872.png

Last edited:
Well done Dad and congratulations to your son.

Very nice and nothing better. I bet you were as excited, or more than your son!!

Whenever we went out, until now, he accompanied me with his rifle (they share it with their younger brother Matias, a 3030 single shot that I assembled with an old Remington rolling block) but I never left him alone, I was always there to tell him what to do, or when shoot
He is 19 years old...
I was about to go to a friend's field, where the wild boars roam the pits and the full moon was beautiful to go looking for them, and I said "Manuel, are we going to hunt?" His face lit up... "Dad, I thought you were never going to ask me!"
We arrived at the field and I told him "from now on you have to start hunting alone... We're going to separate"...
We arrived at a small internal street that borders an irrigation channel and the wild boars could be heard in the undergrowth in front
I tell him "stay here, at this bend in the canal, looking at both sides of the street, I'm going 500 meters further, to the other passes that there are... successes!"
And there I left it...
I managed to reach another bend further on from where I could see on both sides if the animals were passing, I called him on the handy to see if he was alright and tell him to arrive, I signal him with the flashlight to mark my position (all security elements that we are always careful to apply) and I say "Come on son, you can"
I didn't finish taking off my backpack, settling him against a post, I was getting comfortable and I heard "plaaa puuum"... noise from a shot...
A beautiful little pig, his first solitary prey, and seeing him as a hunter with all the letters, is something that every father yearns for, and fills him with pride...
View attachment 463602

View attachment 463601
Congratulations to the young hunter. I agree that there is nothing better than hunting with your son. I am sure that you took “Shorty” the 308 with you!

Marcos, congratulations are due all the way around. Future hunts will be even more fun. Someday if you are lucky, you will teach your grandsons how to shoot and hunt with them.

Congratulations to you both. My grandson (at 7 years old) killed his first deer last November. A young doe at about 60 yards with a 6.5 Grendel with downloaded ammo. His dad and I had been coaching him for a year prior. We were still side by side with him at this point, but were so excited for him and us.

Congratulations to your son !

Wonderful!
Now, do you still supervise his cooking? Or has he graduated in that area too? I hope he made a nice meal for you from that animal.

Congratulations to you both! Looking forward to doing the same with my children in the future :)

Great story great prize. Great fun hunting pigs too.
Congratulations Manuel

Thanks for the comments!
Shootist43... the time gos on and some day surely I look myself inthe field with my grandson...But, first he needs to born hahaha
Sierraone.... great experience with the little hunter!... Good job both of you!
rickmt.... thanks a lot!
Tra3... we cook the meat every day... "a la argentina", on the fire, and in the kitchen, my wife and I are experts in the wild meat cooking
We never go to the butcher... (poor guy)hahaha
Vertigo VE..... I hope you can do it very soon!
CBH australia thanks pal...! Manuel says "thank you"

He is 19 years old...
And there I left it...
View attachment 463602

View attachment 463601
Congratulations to you and your son.

That is a beautiful story. Your relationship with your son is heart warming! Congratulations to your son.

Absolutely nothing beats that feeling of shared accomplishment. Congratulations to you both.
Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Well done, I have been hunting with my son since he has been 9 years old now 8 years later he has been out on his own on our last hunt with a tracker to go after Bushbuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.