Nosler E tip 375 thought?

Rakman

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
115
Reaction score
190
Media
5
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Europe
1
Any thoughts on this?

IMG_6157.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tough to read but… I’ve never used the E-Tip, but have used a lot of Barnes, which is also an all metal bullet, with great success. I don’t see why the Nosler wouldn’t perform well.
California and I believe a few other states are mandating the use of non-lead bullets. Unfortunately, I believe more states will follow. Not totally a bad thing as the Barnes have worked really well for me, I just think that sometimes a cup and core bullet is a little better choice and I like having choices. Besides, I hate the government mandating what ammo I can and can’t use. Don’t get me started on electric cars!
 
I’ve never used Nosler’s E-tip but I’ve used 250 grain Barnes TTSX in my 375 a lot duiker to eland. Pushed fast it’s actually my most accurate load and rifle I have 0.75” every day 0.5” on good days. I’ll continue using it, but for heavy game like Buffalo or big bears I’d use a lead core bullet like a swift A Frame or Trophy Bonded Bear Claw especially when there will be some brush. I’ve seen no reason to get a 338 when I can get a 250 gr bullet in 375.
 
I have used the E-tips in 7x57 on pigs and deer. Performance was similar to what you see with the Hornady GMX or Barnes TTSX. Never recovered a bullet.

Safe hunting
 
I have shot deer, elk, and black bear with them. They are much softer than barnes and i sometimes loose some pedals. I really like the bullet.
Are you comparing to Barnes TSX or TTSX? I have lost petals with TTSX but not with TSX.
 
I’ve had very good success with barnes in my .375. I suspect that this nolser will be similar.
 
I’ve never used Nosler’s E-tip but I’ve used 250 grain Barnes TTSX in my 375 a lot duiker to eland. Pushed fast it’s actually my most accurate load and rifle I have 0.75” every day 0.5” on good days. I’ll continue using it, but for heavy game like Buffalo or big bears I’d use a lead core bullet like a swift A Frame or Trophy Bonded Bear Claw especially when there will be some brush. I’ve seen no reason to get a 338 when I can get a 250 gr bullet in 375.
Everybody needs a .338 WINCHESTER MAGNUM! And use Barnes 225gr. TTSX bullets. LOL
 
I picked up some factory blemished bullets today. Will report back of I can get them to shoot.
 
Barnes has never Let me down. We will be seeing more non-lead bullets coming on the market.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,116
Members
169,263
Latest member
Joleen5870
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top