North Fork .423 fullets

Bowhunter806

AH member
Joined
Aug 14, 2022
Messages
16
Reaction score
23
I am looking to reload ammo for upcoming trip to Africa and lookiing for a 400 grain bullet to load for my 404 Jeffery. As you can imaging this is proving to be a difficult task. I can get some 385 Grain North Fork Spitzer bullets and solids from a local shop here in town. Anybody have espereince withthese bullets in that wieght, and can you advise if it is worth pulling the trigger?
 
I love the north fork bullet. I’ve had great results, but with the 400 grain bullet. Reloading international has 430 grain in stock.
 
I am looking to reload ammo for upcoming trip to Africa and lookiing for a 400 grain bullet to load for my 404 Jeffery. As you can imaging this is proving to be a difficult task. I can get some 385 Grain North Fork Spitzer bullets and solids from a local shop here in town. Anybody have espereince withthese bullets in that wieght, and can you advise if it is worth pulling the trigger?
I’d be curious to know what the SD on those .423 380 grain North Forks is? Might be similar to the .375 300 grain bullet or the .366 286 grain bullet?
 
I love the North Fork bullets, use them in my 404 and 275 Rigby. Had excellent performance but do prefer the flat point solid to the cup point. I have personally had one cup point fail to penetrate, and my PH had the same in his 505 Gibbs. They are hard to find but the 380 gr. will serve you well, just put them in the right spot and you will have a dead animal. Picture is the 2 shots I got into my 2019 Buffalo with the 404.

F6AAF47B-7EA1-4879-B0C5-F66CE56C7FD2.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,112
Members
169,110
Latest member
terbiroucont1987
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top