Norma .404 Jeffery







 

Attachments

  • scan0009-1_zps7nbxxhxn.jpg
    scan0009-1_zps7nbxxhxn.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 288
  • scan0008_zpsso4lie1n.jpg
    scan0008_zpsso4lie1n.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 300
  • scan0010_zpsoqtklg4k.jpg
    scan0010_zpsoqtklg4k.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 293
  • scan0007_zps60ekm5ky.jpg
    scan0007_zps60ekm5ky.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 351
OK, I screwed up and started over! Here again. Thanks von gruff for the link! Here again is my custom Ruger Krieger .404, some have seen it on another thread. And the first target shot with it, using Hornady factory loads, a CorBon load and previous owners handload at bottom center.
IMG_1049.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG
 
I must have a bad twitch in my trigger finger tonight!!
 
With all these rounds you must have a 404j hiding somewhere tarbe.:sneaky:

It is interesting that your ammo boxes spell "404 Jeffrey" instead of "404 Jeffery"

Love to see yours if you want to post it.(y)


Haha....I am working on it Bob.
 
404Jeffery is my favorite calibre for dangerus game.
404Jeffery was introducet in 1905.
All the best.
 
The pictures of my 404Jeffery are in the post: Dangerus Game Rifle in .404Jeffery /10,75 x 73/.
Witold
 
Last edited:
 

Attachments

  • 404Jeffery1905cataloguepic.jpg
    404Jeffery1905cataloguepic.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 319
Last edited by a moderator:
The 404 has my interest. Who builds a good control round feed bolt gun without spending $3000+?
 
Look at Gunbroker. There are two there right now. CZ Classic 550, one is well under 3K.

Always be sure to spell Jeffery both ways when searching. The one noted spells it Jeffrey.
 
All very interesting to a chap sitting in Scotland this morning - who is in the process of getting a 404 built. We have action, wood for the stock (a very fine piece of walnut), the scope (as it was too good a chance to miss) and I believe the barrel maybe in the country now. So it's all coming together. Furthermore I took the opportunity last week to buy an old Mauser that had been converted to the old flanged 375 calibre (more common in doubles) and it will become a 300 H&H magnum. I now also have 300 bright shiny 300 H&H Magnum Winchester cases. Should last a lifetime!! There is a sale coming up in Britain soon and we are hoping to buy an old Mauser that will become a 500 Jeffery. Eventually I will have a battery for Africa - not that my dad's old BSA 30.06 and my Ruger Rigby 416 did too badly so far.
 
"Furthermore I took the opportunity last week to buy an old Mauser that had been converted to the old flanged 375 calibre (more common in doubles) and it will become a 300 H&H magnum"

@paladin100 just wondering if that is one of the original actions made for rigbys by mauser for the rimmed 400/350 rigby round? most were converted to 9.3x74r as the one i had built for finn was. mauser didnt make that many of them as far as i know.

"In 1899, Rigby asked the engineers in the Mauser Sporting Arms Department to make a special action that would handle their popular rimmed .400/350 cartridge. When completed c.1900 it was the ‘birth’ of the magnum action which, in turn, provided the ideal platform for dangerous game cartridges like the .375 H&H, .416 Rigby and the .505 Gibbs."
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,065
Members
169,694
Latest member
ShastaBooz
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top