Nickel Plated Brass?!?!?!?

Yes....And they also have the neck sizer set for like $460.....I want neck sizers...I'll only ever have this one 500 Jeffery.....So this way the brass will be tailored to my specific chamber......Get it??



Midway has your dies for 169.99 3 die set
 
I've always used standard die and just backed it off so it doesn't bump the shoulder back. I'd have to see how that cartridge would feed with just the neck size.
 
I'm sure it should feed fine........maybe even better than if you would use standard dies. I always use neck size dies when I can. If I only have one gun, in a certain caliber, and I know that the brass I'll be loading will only ever go into that gun, no other guns I own, and no other guns a friends owns, I buy neck sizers every time.



I've always used standard die and just backed it off so it doesn't bump the shoulder back. I'd have to see how that cartridge would feed with just the neck size.
 
It does help the brass last longer. I want to see some shining nickel loads when you get this together
 
It's gonna take me a bit of time to purchase everything I need......But I'll definitely post up lots of pics when it all comes together!!!!!!! And a few vids of me at the range even maybe!!!!!!!



It does help the brass last longer. I want to see some shining nickel loads when you get this together
 
The reason for nickel case is corrosion and easier feeding. If your not in bad weather and with a straight wall case I don't see a reason to buy the nickel other then the look.02

The reasons I prefer it is that the Federal was made to target specs and the cases can be hand wiped clean. Of course I could get a tumbler I suppose. 30 years ago they pretty much only offered it in target rounds like .222 and 308 Win, and a few popular ones like 30-30.

I like it also for single shots where the brass gets carried in the hands a lot.
 
I've liked nickel brass for my pistols at the range cause it's easier to identify after I've shot a bunch of rounds so I can pick them up for reloading. But I've only bought a few times cause it was on sale I normally buy just the regular stuff
 
As long as you are using a good case lube, die wear won't be a problem with nickel. It's not like you are sizing them dry with metal to metal contact. The issue, as previously posted, is that nickel plated brass can be problematic for reloading. I anneal my cases after a set number of firings & would not do that with nickel.
 
Is nickel brass worth selling? Does anyone actually search for it to buy? I have a couple hundred 375HH casings somewhere just need to find what box they went in!
 
I don't understand all the concern expressed about reloading nickel plated cases. I have annealed, and reformed 30-06 nickel plated Remington 30-06 cases to 35 Whelen with almost no problems. ( 2 neck splits in 100 using a single pass over a tapered expander ball ) I have reloaded many .308, .25-06, and .375 H&H cases with no problems whatsoever. I like how they stay slick and clean and shiny. What's not to like?
 
No problem with either type of brass in my 500j brown bear open sights on mine dead on at 50yds now trying some 600gr loads lol
 
What is the benefit of nickel plated brass? It looks good, thats for sure, but if it is beneficial, why isnt all brass plated?
 
I like it because it doesn’t corrode and feeds smoothly. It is a bit stiffer than regular brass to reload but I prefer it when I can get it-
 
Agreed, I think it’s just for corrosion
 
Actually I think it is just so that they can charge you more for it over a brass round..

I have found no real benefit of it over brass when loading .357 mag and .38 rounds. But then that is all that I have ever used it for as far as reloading.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
Actually I think it is just so that they can charge you more for it over a brass round..

I have found no real benefit of it over brass when loading .357 mag and .38 rounds. But then that is all that I have ever used it for as far as reloading.

LOL probably right!
 
It is said they extract easily in safari rifles as they are slicker. I am quoting what I have read. Also that is what I was told by Swift Aframe people.
Krish
 
I use Federal Nickel plated cases in my .308, which is my bushpig rifle. They are easy to see at night in a torch light, and as the curse of the reloader is to alwayylook for spent cases they work well for that. I haven’t had any trouble sizing them with some imperial wax in a Redding FS or neck die, and when weighing them found that the batch of 163 cases only had a 1% SD in weight. More than what i need for hunting.

Hornady nickel plated brass works well in my .375 Ruger, but I am yet to put them through their paces ito repeated reloads
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,049
Members
169,485
Latest member
TaniaBufor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top