New Zealand Hunting Advice

Suggest a guided hunt for big reds, fallow,and tahr.
Hunting tahr in the southern alps is arduous and dangerous. I suggest for a tahr hunt definitely a guide. As Stug says free hunts are fine but you may find a guided hunt is well worth it.

I have hunted free range Tahr in NZ with Dave Campbell (guide) from Outback Hunting New Zealand.
He arranged everything from pickup at our hotel, helicopter flights in and out of the hunting area, tents, food, rifle, permits, trophy preparation and drop off to the local taxidermist, etc.
I was interested in a free range backpack hunt for Tahr so Dave guided us into government land.
We saw lots of Tahr as well as free range red stag's during our hunt.
The stags were not massive heads loaded with point like you see from the NZ game ranches but they were respectable wild stags.
Dave was awesome to hunt with and provided over 40 years of guiding experience.
Three of my mates have hunted with him as well and we all had 100% success.
This may be an option for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DevinCalde

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!