NEW ZEALAND: Has Anyone Hunted With Ample Hunting New Zealand?

rinehart0050

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
I'm planning a NZ Red Stag hunt for 2017 and one of the outfitters I'm looking at is Ample Hunting. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of them?

Ample Hunting
Amplehunting.com
Gisborne, NZ

Thanks for any info!

They have their own YouTube channel if you type in Ample hunting.

I ve hunted NZ twice now. Last time I was there I hunted with Shane Quinn of Alpine hunting adventures NZ. They do a great job accommodations were excellent as well as food and the game is top notch. Hers a pic of my stag.Scored 383.. Also took a nice fallow deer.
red stag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
rinehartd
was in nz in may took the 507 stag in my avatar and New #12 sci estate tahr at glen dene, (the sucker came down off mtn jumped over fence to breed 30 cow tahr they had inside fence so they were keeping eyes out as they said they do that during rut aka i didnt have to climb mtn or hire a heli!!) excellent operation the guy owns like everything and knows everyone, will get you any size animal you want and treat you like a king! he is on south island and you want to go to the south island only if do NZ as they have tahr and chamois, no tahr chamois north island where shame quinn is but shane is a good guy and would have been my 2nd choice. stag are priced by size in nz, richard chgs just like 4000 per for tahr and chamois and fallow, killed all of those too except chamois did think they were worth 4000 all gold sci. shot ducks too. you can walk, climb mtn or hire a heli all options on the table with them. i walked and climbed. also shot goat and ram.
pm me if you like can send you more picts

Rhinehart,

I also hunted NZ this year, and like Johnny and Buckdog I had a blast. I hunted with New Zealand Safaris, on the south island in South Canterbury. NZ is amazing, lots of scenery and lots of hunting. Like Africa, there are many outfitters to choose from, like Buckdog said price can vary and for stag is dependent on a sliding scale of SCI score. Sorry I cant give you info on Ample, but I can tell you that NZ is awesome and NZ Safaris will definitely take care of you and make your dreams come true! They have private property all around the lodge, and Tahr and Chamois are within 30-45 minutes and don't require helicopter. If you want any more info or pics, just let me know. This guy scored 361

DSC01017.JPG

No matter who you choose you will find NZ and wonderful place to hunt! I choose Shane for several reasons...One his hunting area is 20 sq miles with one external fence surrounding the property which was important for me. Also he has some of the best stags on the island, but as Reedy0312 and buckdog have said they were treated very well, I think no matter who you hunt with you will love it and if your like me once is NOT enough! Look forward to your report and pictures!

Thanks for all the great feedback! I just made my deposit for 2017- 2x Red Stag for wife and I, Fallow Buck. Hunting report to follow...

Congratulations! You will love it there. Look forward to your report.

Best of luck, you will have a great time in NZ!

nz is awesome! I suggest you go for 2 weeks and take the time to sightsee and definetly do a week in the south island it is very different from the north and very beautiful with lots of mtn and trout, penguins, etc, my wife and I like the south island way more than the north we spent 1 week each sightseeing both. if you get to the south island shoot a tahr or two if it is may they will be in rut with winter coat and they have beautiful yellow manes !

IMG_2382.JPG

I ve hunted NZ twice now. Last time I was there I hunted with Shane Quinn of Alpine hunting adventures NZ. They do a great job accommodations were excellent as well as food and the game is top notch. Hers a pic of my stag.Scored 383.. Also took a nice fallow deer.
View attachment 48899

Dang! That's a nice red stag johnny blues! Congrats. I am really looking forward to hunting a stag like that someday.

Thanks for all the great feedback! I just made my deposit for 2017- 2x Red Stag for wife and I, Fallow Buck. Hunting report to follow...
How did the NZ hunt go.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg