New Trophy Room

Again, this is all personal preference. But were it me, I would have the top of the rhino 1/4 - 1/3 down from the top and the base of the larger buffalo mount 1/4 - 1/3 up from the bottom of that space. I think that would look proportionally correct. (Though, I would have to see it :unsure: ) Because the buffalo are different sizes, I would try the one on the left aligned bottom with its mate. It might, however do better aligned center to center. Just have to try it. And trust your bride. It is going to be a great place.

And I am bitterly jealous about all that tall wall space.
 
Spectacular room! I like the rhino and the buffs.
 
Just keep in mind you will add more and more mounts over the years so keep that in mind on spacing.
 
I would spread the mounts out in the room and stagger them .
Image1640492933.165777.jpg
 
I have mine grouped by north america, New Zealand and Africa . Just make sure you can add to each group. With your very nice room you have the space
 
Small sized mounts look better down low on the wall. I like to mix them in with bigger stuff .
Image1640493307.429051.jpg
 
Looking good so far!
 
It looks great! Lots of room to let your imagination run wild. A trophy room should always be what is most appealing to the hunter! One suggestion, buy or rent wheeled scaffolding. It makes it so much easier and safer to hang than using a ladder.
 
Koodoo62, I'm wondering if you can take photos of each animal and them somehow move them digitally to see what arrangement you like best. But no matter what you and your wife decide to do I'd like to see the final results!! You most certainly have a lot of options. Did you put plywood under the drywall so you can mount your animals anywhere and not be worried about stud location?
 
Koodoo62, I'm wondering if you can take photos of each animal and them somehow move them digitally to see what arrangement you like best. But no matter what you and your wife decide to do I'd like to see the final results!! You most certainly have a lot of options. Did you put plywood under the drywall so you can mount your animals anywhere and not be worried about stud location?
3/4 inch plywood under all the drywall. 2x8 framing. I will send photos after we hang more heads. Thanks for the advice!
 
It looks great! Lots of room to let your imagination run wild. A trophy room should always be what is most appealing to the hunter! One suggestion, buy or rent wheeled scaffolding. It makes it so much easier and safer to hang than using a ladder.
I bought a section of Metaltech rolling scaffolding at Home Depot. It was cheaper than renting for several days. Comes apart and stores flat.
 
I suggest grouping the animals into categories such as spirals in one group and ring horned in another group. Then within each group put the species together such as bushbucks species clustered together that way you can admire the particular differences that make the subspecies unique. Thats how I will do mine when the day comes.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,293
Messages
1,571,934
Members
169,469
Latest member
LupeMcConn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top