New trophy room completed!

Wow! Great space!! Congratulations!

I hope you get to spend a lot of time in the space you've created for some "you time". Very nice to honor your Dad and Brother. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy!

I really like the color on the walls!

I have just completed my new trophy room. It used to be the shop, so part of the package was creating a new shop before I could build on the trophy room. But that's another story...
This is a multi function space where one can read, listen to music, reload, write, lift a few weights and do small projects. I have done all the work, including building the reloading bench out of a few old timbers I re-milled. I've included various artifacts, art and mementos from my past. The water colours were done by my brother Jene.
I've dedicated a corner to my life in the north. I used to trap and have displayed some old traps and furs. The furs were harvested by me locally, with the exception of the martins. The saddle belonged to a brother who tragically died young. He used to team rope. The Stetson was Dad's.

View attachment 398208View attachment 398210View attachment 398211View attachment 398214View attachment 398215View attachment 398217View attachment 398218
@Rick Cox
Man that is a great room my wife would have trouble getting me out of there. Congrats on such a great area. Only one problem I can see is someone stole the back end of your 2 legged Kudu ha ha.
Bob

@Rick Cox
Man that is a great room my wife would have trouble getting me out of there. Congrats on such a great area. Only one problem I can see is someone stole the back end of your 2 legged Kudu ha ha.
Bob
Thanks Bob. Like I said elsewhere, I think my very supportive wife was happy to get half of these out of the bed room...

Very nice and it looks like you're a Monte Cristo man!

Thanks Bob. Like I said elsewhere, I think my very supportive wife was happy to get half of these out of the bed room...
No, that was leverage leaving trophies in the bedroom, shame on you.
But you did get what you want
So, not more than an hour after I post this, I get a call from the tanners, that last springs bear hide is ready... I didn't bother with a head mount. If it was over 6' then I would consider it, and if over 6.5' squared it would be a no brainer. This bear was around 5.5' squared when green. Nice and thick though. View attachment 398242
Now that Bear skin is covering a perfectly good Giraffe, an exotic animal you harvested on another continent.
Shame on on you,
It didn't meet your benchmark of 6.5'squared.
That's a shame, maybe move it on. I could take it off your hands. We have a shortage of Bear and Next Springs bear will look so much better, I'm sure.
But, well if you want to move it on I could compensate you for the tanning and pay the shipping, just pm me.

No, that was leverage leaving trophies in the bedroom, shame on you.
But you did get what you want

Now that Bear skin is covering a perfectly good Giraffe, an exotic animal you harvested on another continent.
Shame on on you,
It didn't meet your benchmark of 6.5'squared.
That's a shame, maybe move it on. I could take it off your hands. We have a shortage of Bear and Next Springs bear will look so much better, I'm sure.
But, well if you want to move it on I could compensate you for the tanning and pay the shipping, just pm me.
@CBH
Chris it's the wrong colour for you you want a cinnamon.
Bob.

Oh, trust you to notice my Tread!
Bob, I need a Bear, it can sit on my pool table or under it. I will pat it.
I'm just trying to help the OP.
He wants a 6.5 sq and I'm not so fussy, a Cinnamon would be lovely, anyone offering?
You know, You know like I do we are in the lucky country but we drew the short straw on huntable game.

I have just completed my new trophy room. It used to be the shop, so part of the package was creating a new shop before I could build on the trophy room. But that's another story...
This is a multi function space where one can read, listen to music, reload, write, lift a few weights and do small projects. I have done all the work, including building the reloading bench out of a few old timbers I re-milled. I've included various artifacts, art and mementos from my past. The water colours were done by my brother Jene.
I've dedicated a corner to my life in the north. I used to trap and have displayed some old traps and furs. The furs were harvested by me locally, with the exception of the martins. The saddle belonged to a brother who tragically died young. He used to team rope. The Stetson was Dad's.

View attachment 398208View attachment 398210View attachment 398211View attachment 398214View attachment 398215View attachment 398217View attachment 398218
Great mancave ! I used to have a room with rifles on the wall and hides on the floor. All have gone now, the hides to the moths and mangy dogs. Rifles have to be kept in safes unless rendered inoperable - for display only. There used to be some antlers too but they ended up as knife or file handles. Thanks for the photos

Very nice room! Thanks for sharing it.

He wants a 6.5 sq and I'm not so fussy, a Cinnamon would be lovely, anyone offering?
You know, You know like I do we are in the lucky country but we drew the short straw on huntable game.
@CBH
There's something a bout a bear skin rug or bed cover that a roo skin can't do.
Bob.

@CBH
There's something a bout a bear skin rug or bed cover that a roo skin can't do.
Bob.
But a roo skin is still a bucket list item for some (me).

MB
@Mark B
I'm sure if you spoke to @CBH he would gladly swap you a couple of good roo skins for a bear skin.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg