New rifle

You won’t believe this but I went hand gun target shooting and asked one if the instructors about the Kimber M84.
He has/had a Kimber with a stainless steel fluted barrel with all the fine tunings for competition in 308 for sale.
Mine now!
Michael won a 500 yard shooting competition with it and along with a very reasonable price comes a great lot of factory and hand loaded ammo.
Monday I look like buying a 30/30!
Will forward photos soon.
Congrats...the .308 is my favourite caliber! It should serve you well and I'm looking forward to some pics.

Congrats...the .308 is my favourite caliber! It should serve you well and I'm looking forward to some pics.

Putting an old scope on it - 6.5-20 Leupold that has gathered dust fir over 20 years.
Unbelievable coincidence to ask about the 84M etc.

G'day Dr Ray. Those Rigby Highlanders are very nice. 275 Rigby or 30/06 would be my pick.

My Highlander is in '06.

IMG_2449.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
You won’t believe this but I went hand gun target shooting and asked one of the instructors about the Kimber M84.
He has/had a Kimber with a stainless steel fluted barrel with all the fine tunings for competition in 308 for sale.
Mine now!
Michael won a 500 yard shooting competition with it and along with a very reasonable price comes a great lot of factory and hand loaded ammo.
Monday I look like buying a 30/30!
Will forward photos soon.
@Dr Ray
You did well mate. Forget the dirty thirty and get a nice BLR in 358 or 325WSM. A lot more class than a 94 or 336.
Bob

After I posted about the 35-30 I found out that there is a wildcat called the 35/30-30 and found it quite interesting

After I posted about the 35-30 I found out that there is a wildcat called the 35/30-30 and found it quite interesting

I’ve never heard of that one
That would be a great little scrub cartridge

Every free person on earth should have a 30-30 @Bob Nelson 35Whelen.
@wyatt Smith
Yes the thutty thutty is a great little round. I would have liked to get a Remington 788 in 30-30 when I could have. Stupid me.
After taking a big chunck out of my trigger finger with a 94 I sort of shyed away from levers. Stuffed up a good weekend pig hunting. You only make that mistake once. Wouldn't have happened if I took my old SMLE 303.
For its size the little 30-30 hits above its weight but they stopped making the best ever round for it the eejuts. The old 150gn Winchester Silver tip was great on pigs.
Bob

That would be acceptable, or a 32 Winchester.
@Wyatt Smith and @JimP
I still have a lovely little 92 in 25-20 and sold my 92 in 32-20 to one of my best mate. They are great little fun guns that work well on appropriate sized game.
Bob

@wyatt Smith
Yes the thutty thutty is a great little round. I would have liked to get a Remington 788 in 30-30 when I could have. Stupid me.
After taking a big chunck out of my trigger finger with a 94 I sort of shyed away from levers. Stuffed up a good weekend pig hunting. You only make that mistake once. Wouldn't have happened if I took my old SMLE 303.
For its size the little 30-30 hits above its weight but they stopped making the best ever round for it the eejuts. The old 150gn Winchester Silver tip was great on pigs.
Bob

I crunched /pinched my forefinger in the lever action of a martini Henry
I liked the silver tips in my 30/06s way,way back.

@R eight
Why the thick recoil pad. Put a 35 Whelen barrel on it instead of the 06.
Bob
Because it's a Classic Rifle.

It would be like putting Rattle can on a Blaser, eergh,

@R eight please excuse Uncle Bob,
He has this thing about .25 & .35
We really started to worry when he adopted the .35Whelen as a hyphenated surname.

He's not off his meds or anything he just wears his heart on his sleeve. You will get used to it.

Because it's a Classic Rifle.

It would be like putting Rattle can on a Blaser, eergh,

@R eight please excuse Uncle Bob,
He has this thing about .25 & .35
We really started to worry when he adopted the .35Whelen as a hyphenated surname.

He's not off his meds or anything he just wears his heart on his sleeve. You will get used to it.

Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,