New Meopta 1-6x

Standard Velocity

AH enthusiast
Joined
Sep 4, 2019
Messages
430
Reaction score
651
Media
2
Articles
1
Just read a pretty I uninformative article about a new line of Meopta scopes but it did pique my interest.

  • 6x zoom
  • Adjustable parallax
  • Zoom leaver that can be placed anywhere along the zoom dial
  • Several reticle options (some even being minimal)
  • Option of illuminated reticle
  • Option of some new transparent reticle that changes color depending on light available (a technicolor dream reticle?)
  • $600ish price point
Going to Meoptas website they are available with all the whiz-bang knobs and dials as well as a more subdued turret cap scheme.

They are still kinda ugly but not horrendous. I like the movable/removable throw leaver. I like a tactile indicator that gives me a bit more purchase. I have, however, had to use higher rings based on the fact that a Leupold zoom ring would routinely take a chunk out of my knuckle when cycling the bolt. Looks like with this one you can move the leaver whenever you like. Maybe even lop it off to a less tactical height with a Dremel.

Thought this could be added to anyone’s list if looking for a combination dangerous/plains game scope that won’t break the budget.
 
not sure why they put adjustable parallax on a 1 - 6.
considering you don't need it till over 8x.
oh I forgot - the tactical market.
and scopes made for lower rings are better.
bruce.
 
I have a Meopta scope and binoculars. Out of 14 scopes I own it is my favorite. I’ve also been impressed with their customer service.
 
Meopta optics are good quality in my view
 
I picked up one of these not long ago. I have attached a photo of the same scope mounted on a Winchester model 70 chambered in .375 H&H. The short length could be an issue depending on the action it is mounted on. So far I think it is hard to beat at this price point.
DSC03854.jpg
DSC03851.jpg
The second photo is a comparison between a S&B Exos 1-8 and Trijicon Accupoint 1-6.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up one of these not long ago. I have attached a photo of the same scope mounted on a Winchester model 70 chambered in .375 H&H. The short length could be an issue depending on the action it is mounted on. So far I think it is hard to beat at this price point.View attachment 336557 The second photo is a comparison between a S&B Exos 1-8 and Trijicon Accupoint 1-6.

That comparison photo is really useful. Definitely rules it out for some actions.

Does it compare favorably?
 
I have been using Meopta optic's for a while now and I couldn't be more pleased. My MeoStar B1 10x50 is my go-to over my other twice as expensive Euro bino. I also have the MeoStar R1 1.5-6x42 on my .375 H&H and love it. I got tired of this very accurate rifle sitting in the back of my safe and never coming out so I started hog hunting with it. I must say I am glad I did. Huge fun, anchors whatever it hits and more pork products for my friends. I also have the Optika6 1-6x24 SFP scope. It is one heck of a compact scope. Glass is very good, loaded with useful features, plus, an illuminated reticle for under $550 is a great price. I have mine on an AR and could definitely see it on a bolt action rifle as well.

IMG_3462.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3462.jpg
    IMG_3462.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 257
Has anyone mounted one of these meoptas on a cz550 magnum action and does it fit? Im curious as i was considering this meopta optimax 1-6 scope or an older leupold vx3 1.25-4.
 
The rifle pictured is a CZ-550 in .404 Jeffery. The Meopta is mounted on the Winchester model 70 pictured earlier in this thread with both rifles having an LOP of 14". I would have to have an offset front ring to get proper eye relief .
DSC02681 (1).jpg
DSC02682.jpg
 
Thanks mate, just as i thought was going to be to short to work with warne qd rings.
 
Thanks mate, just as i thought was going to be to short to work with warne qd rings.
Meopta would have really had a winner if they had they made this model long enough to easily mount on an action this size without using a one piece base or an offset front ring.
 
Is the field of view flat on the new 1-6? Past models have, imo had too much curvature...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,413
Members
169,747
Latest member
nexttanebir1980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top