New Meopta 1-6x

Standard Velocity

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Just read a pretty I uninformative article about a new line of Meopta scopes but it did pique my interest.

• 6x zoom
  • Adjustable parallax
  • Zoom leaver that can be placed anywhere along the zoom dial
  • Several reticle options (some even being minimal)
  • Option of illuminated reticle
  • Option of some new transparent reticle that changes color depending on light available (a technicolor dream reticle?)
  • $600ish price point
Going to Meoptas website they are available with all the whiz-bang knobs and dials as well as a more subdued turret cap scheme.

They are still kinda ugly but not horrendous. I like the movable/removable throw leaver. I like a tactile indicator that gives me a bit more purchase. I have, however, had to use higher rings based on the fact that a Leupold zoom ring would routinely take a chunk out of my knuckle when cycling the bolt. Looks like with this one you can move the leaver whenever you like. Maybe even lop it off to a less tactical height with a Dremel.

Thought this could be added to anyone’s list if looking for a combination dangerous/plains game scope that won’t break the budget.

not sure why they put adjustable parallax on a 1 - 6.
considering you don't need it till over 8x.
oh I forgot - the tactical market.
and scopes made for lower rings are better.
bruce.

I have a Meopta scope and binoculars. Out of 14 scopes I own it is my favorite. I’ve also been impressed with their customer service.

Meopta optics are good quality in my view

I picked up one of these not long ago. I have attached a photo of the same scope mounted on a Winchester model 70 chambered in .375 H&H. The short length could be an issue depending on the action it is mounted on. So far I think it is hard to beat at this price point.
DSC03854.jpg
DSC03851.jpg
The second photo is a comparison between a S&B Exos 1-8 and Trijicon Accupoint 1-6.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up one of these not long ago. I have attached a photo of the same scope mounted on a Winchester model 70 chambered in .375 H&H. The short length could be an issue depending on the action it is mounted on. So far I think it is hard to beat at this price point.View attachment 336557 The second photo is a comparison between a S&B Exos 1-8 and Trijicon Accupoint 1-6.

That comparison photo is really useful. Definitely rules it out for some actions.

Does it compare favorably?

I have been using Meopta optic's for a while now and I couldn't be more pleased. My MeoStar B1 10x50 is my go-to over my other twice as expensive Euro bino. I also have the MeoStar R1 1.5-6x42 on my .375 H&H and love it. I got tired of this very accurate rifle sitting in the back of my safe and never coming out so I started hog hunting with it. I must say I am glad I did. Huge fun, anchors whatever it hits and more pork products for my friends. I also have the Optika6 1-6x24 SFP scope. It is one heck of a compact scope. Glass is very good, loaded with useful features, plus, an illuminated reticle for under $550 is a great price. I have mine on an AR and could definitely see it on a bolt action rifle as well.

IMG_3462.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3462.jpg
    IMG_3462.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 148
Has anyone mounted one of these meoptas on a cz550 magnum action and does it fit? Im curious as i was considering this meopta optimax 1-6 scope or an older leupold vx3 1.25-4.

The rifle pictured is a CZ-550 in .404 Jeffery. The Meopta is mounted on the Winchester model 70 pictured earlier in this thread with both rifles having an LOP of 14". I would have to have an offset front ring to get proper eye relief .
DSC02681 (1).jpg
DSC02682.jpg

Thanks mate, just as i thought was going to be to short to work with warne qd rings.

Thanks mate, just as i thought was going to be to short to work with warne qd rings.
Meopta would have really had a winner if they had they made this model long enough to easily mount on an action this size without using a one piece base or an offset front ring.

Is the field of view flat on the new 1-6? Past models have, imo had too much curvature...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg