Ark. Trapper

AH member
Reaction score
I've been lurking here a while and finally joined. I may never get to go to Africa but I've been dreaming of it and reading about it my whole life. I'm a lifelong gun nut and handloader and love studying internal and external ballistics. I'm here to learn and to enjoy a community of like minded folks.

Thanks
Wendel aka Ark. Trapper

Welcome, you are in the right place! Looking forward to you sharing your stories!

Welcome to AH.

Hello and welcome!

I've been lurking here a while and finally joined. I may never get to go to Africa but I've been dreaming of it and reading about it my whole life. I'm a lifelong gun nut and handloader and love studying internal and external ballistics. I'm here to learn and to enjoy a community of like minded folks.

Thanks
Wendel aka Ark. Trapper
Welcome to AH. My deer camp is in south Arkansas near Monticello

Hi Wendel, welcome to AH !

Wendel, welcome to the AH forum! A great place to share info! But I have to say…get thee to Africa! You will only regret having never experienced it. There’s some excellent deals on here you might look at.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH!

Thanks
Wendel aka Ark. Trapper

Hello Ark. Trapper,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

As for you being a life long gun nut, …. well me too.
And personally, the way I dealt with the Africa thing is that, for my first time over there, I literally took out a loan.
Then upon returning to my home here in the USA, I began the several years long process of selling off most of the firearms I had collected, up to that point.
I was age 50 years back then.

It turns out that, the guns I had bought 2nd hand, between age 16 and age 50, proved to be a higher yield (in terms of percentage) for me than real estate has been for me, over my lifetime.
Anyway, if after all, you do decide, come hell or high water, to experience Africa and pay for it by means of selling a large chunk of your guns, I hope they yield a decent profit for you, as mine did for me.
After my first African visit,

Also, if you do make it to Africa, we would love to guide you up in the not-game-fenced highlands of Namibia, at Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris.
But if not with Khomas Safaris, no matter who you decide to book your first safari with, (there are many great outfits, guiding in several African countries and advertising here in AH Forum)…..after hunting in Africa, you will never be the same.

Best Regards,
Paul aka: Velo Dog.

G'day from Australia

Welcome to AH! Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

Welcome. What county in Arkansas do you reside? Thanks.

Welcome to AH Ark. Trapper!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg