Welcome to AH!

Welcome to our forum! You will learn a lot here!

Welcome aboard OjR. Do you know any other fellow New Zealanders (Kiwis) that are AH members? They are well represented here. How often do you hunt and what have you taken in the past? What kind and caliber firearms do you own? Do you reload? Stories and photos of previous hunts are always welcome.

Hi Shootist yes I do there are two I know of Both Members of our Local Forum , One Guy is a very keen African proponent.
I shoot a 223 with a fast twist 1/8, two 6.5x55"s on Modern actions a 30 06 and a 9.3x62
Thank you for the welcome.

Thank you all for the warm Welcome. I shall move onto other threads
Regards.

OjR, have you ever read any of the writings of a Kiwi named Nathan Foster? He has done a fair bit of hunting and critically evaluates both rifles and calibers. I really got interested in what he had to say about my beloved 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mausers.

Welcome sir, I’ve hunted both north and South Islands. Love it there.

OjR, have you ever read any of the writings of a Kiwi named Nathan Foster? He has done a fair bit of hunting and critically evaluates both rifles and calibers. I really got interested in what he had to say about my beloved 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mausers.

Sure have , he has his on property up in the other Island, does longer range work and sorts a few problem rifles.

I was interested in what he had to say as well re the 6.5x55, I use the 140Gr Amax in one of mine , it shoots very well out to as far as I can and the last Tahr I took was just under 500m. I know they have been been discontinued but I have like 13hundred of them left sooo..... I'm gonna discard them, nope , been working for me for a few years now. I drive them at 2740FPs and that gives me good accuracy combined with good barrel life using modern action and a mil dialup scope.
I probably wouldn't go looking for a big close up pig with that combo though.

Hello,
I've watched and read long time so thought it time to introduce myself
I'm from the South Island of New Zealand and it's one of my dreams to come and hunt plains game in Africa.
I'm very Close to Tahr and Red and Fallow Deer hunting where I live.
Welcome OjR! Have you considered Namibia for your first plains game safari? The safest and economically the most stable country in Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you