New Member Checking In

HandgunMan

Reaction score
I'm new here but not new to the world of African hunting. I have taken over 100 species on the Dark continent using both rifle and handgun. I have taken numerous world record animals with Ruger handguns. I have taken the African Big Five with a combination of rifle and handgun. I am a life member of SCI, NRA, and Sables. I look forward to sharing my knowledge and experience with the forums here.

Welcome to AH HandgunMan! I sure look forward to hear more from you. You have already hunted many countries in Africa, on your next trip, will you be going to a new country or go back to one? Which countries did you hunt with your handguns and which one of the Big Five?
Please share some of your pictures with us in the photo gallery

Thank you for the welcome. My next trip will probably be back to Zambia. As far as handgun hunting I have taken a new world record #1 Red Duiker, a #3 Puku, and #1 Chobe Bushbuck all in Zambia as well as the new #1 Suni and a Cape Buffalo in Mozambique, all with the S&W X-Frame revolver.

I also have world record African animals from a Ruger .480 Super Redhawk used prior to the S&W 500. The Ruger is nowhere near the gun nor the caliber of the S&W. I have purchased a second 500 4" and a 460 8 3/8. I have had no problems with any of the S&W X-frames. When hunting with them I do not carry a rifle, so I am putting my life behind the S&W revolvers, literally. That's as solid of an endorsement of S&W revolvers as you will find anywhere.

Hi HandgunMan, Welcome to the AH , would be more than happy to know about your experinces .

Monish

HandgunMan, I have met a lot of hunters that have done some handgun hunting just for the experience, however I can see that you are serious about handgun hunting and very dedicated.

For those hunters who might be thinking of doing some handgun hunting in Zambia, could you tell us a bit about bringing a handgun into this country.

Welcome HandgunMan.

I am looking forward to your inputs on this site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg