New Member Checking In

HandgunMan

Reaction score
I'm new here but not new to the world of African hunting. I have taken over 100 species on the Dark continent using both rifle and handgun. I have taken numerous world record animals with Ruger handguns. I have taken the African Big Five with a combination of rifle and handgun. I am a life member of SCI, NRA, and Sables. I look forward to sharing my knowledge and experience with the forums here.

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Welcome to AH HandgunMan! I sure look forward to hear more from you. You have already hunted many countries in Africa, on your next trip, will you be going to a new country or go back to one? Which countries did you hunt with your handguns and which one of the Big Five?
Please share some of your pictures with us in the photo gallery

HandgunMan

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. My next trip will probably be back to Zambia. As far as handgun hunting I have taken a new world record #1 Red Duiker, a #3 Puku, and #1 Chobe Bushbuck all in Zambia as well as the new #1 Suni and a Cape Buffalo in Mozambique, all with the S&W X-Frame revolver.

I also have world record African animals from a Ruger .480 Super Redhawk used prior to the S&W 500. The Ruger is nowhere near the gun nor the caliber of the S&W. I have purchased a second 500 4" and a 460 8 3/8. I have had no problems with any of the S&W X-frames. When hunting with them I do not carry a rifle, so I am putting my life behind the S&W revolvers, literally. That's as solid of an endorsement of S&W revolvers as you will find anywhere.

monish

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
AfricaHunting.com
Hunted
Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
Hi HandgunMan, Welcome to the AH , would be more than happy to know about your experinces .

Monish

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
HandgunMan, I have met a lot of hunters that have done some handgun hunting just for the experience, however I can see that you are serious about handgun hunting and very dedicated.

For those hunters who might be thinking of doing some handgun hunting in Zambia, could you tell us a bit about bringing a handgun into this country.

NUys

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Welcome HandgunMan.

I am looking forward to your inputs on this site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaridadNic

Latest profile posts

A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?
6.8KLR wrote on Von Gruff's profile.
G'Day,
Long time no talk. I had a bad accident and was discharged from the hospital last Thursday after a three month stay. Am home now and all is well. So glad to be back. Missed you all on this board. Hope all is well with you. Killed a nice Mule deer last October and used the stainless Buffalo Skinner that worked to perfection and love the wood.
Regards, Mike in California.