Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
Hello all. I'm Dave.

My wife and I are in the initial phase of planning our first hunting safari in Africa. We've done a couple of safari tours in Kenya and Tanzania previously but have never hunted on the continent before. We're looking forward to it. Hoping to learn a lot here before we make the trip.

We're not really sure yet where we will go, or who we will hunt with (again, we're just starting to plan), but we seem to be leaning toward either South Africa or Namibia right now. We're also undecided if we will do a plains game hunt, or dive in deep and go for cape buffalo. Hopefully we will start making some final decisions soon and start preparing.

Last edited:
Welcome Dave! Lots of great choices of outfitters here, as well as tons of hunting reports. Enjoy your planning!

Welcome to the forums, there is some great info here, plenty of advice and more than a few tall tales. Check out the deals section for some hunt offers from the site sponsors. There are some fantastic deals available this year.

Haha James,

I'm sure I'm not the only one "working" on here right now

Howdy Dave @mdwest TX here too! Good luck & I'm sure that you will find the forum all you need to plan the best hunt for you!

Hi Dave, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH Dave.

Have fun learning and planning.

Welcome to AH Dave! Nice to have you with us.

From one new guy to another...welcome. There seems to be a lot of good people here.

Hi Darrel.

We're interacted on another forums previously (BOTL). Good to see you here.

Welcome guys, happy hunting! Tons of great advice to be found here.

Dave,

You've come to the right place. Study this site and go to a SCI or DSC show and you will learn a lot.
There are so many choices for a first Safari these days. I invite you to check out www.arugamelodges.com in Namibia.
I promise you all of us wish you a great first safari!

Regards,
Philip

Welcome!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the forum sir! Hope you enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg