New guy from Mississippi

Welcome!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome cleveland48! Nice turkey and a cute little huntress in your avatar!
I didn’t make it to Africa until age 69. I’m heading on my 4th trip in 2019 and planning #5 for 2020 to introduce my only grandchild interested in hunting to Africa.

When you get your family a bit older and the disease really sets in, you’ll go and then you’ll truly understand the addiction! Best of luck making it sooner rather than later!

Welcome cleveland48! Nice turkey and a cute little huntress in your avatar!
I didn’t make it to Africa until age 69. I’m heading on my 4th trip in 2019 and planning #5 for 2020 to introduce my only grandchild interested in hunting to Africa.

When you get your family a bit older and the disease really sets in, you’ll go and then you’ll truly understand the addiction! Best of luck making it sooner rather than later!
Thank you! Hopefully one day I can make it happen

I've been lurking around here for quite a while now. Finally joined and just wanted to say hey. Been fascinated with African all of my life. Dad used to get us some of the old books to read when we were growing up. My favorite is still an early copy of Hunter by JA Hunter. Its falling apart from being read so much by myself and my brothers. Just recently had an old military 98 mauser rebored to 9.3x62, and I love that old gun. Both brothers have had 375 H&H's, so I wanted to be a little different. I'll most likely never get to go to Africa, but I love reading all the post on here from you folks!
Welcome, glad you joined! Let's start turning that African Safari dream into reality

Welcome, never say never.

Welcome!

Welcome to this great forum Cleveland48!

Welcome to AH Cleveland48. You are starting off right by bringing up the next generation with a love for the outdoors. BTW how does your rebored 9.3 x 62 shoot? What did you use for a parent/donor rifle? Who did the work? I don't have a 9.3 x 62 but I have several 35 Whelens. You'll find out soon enough that these calibers are quite user friendly.

Welcome to AH Cleveland48. You are starting off right by bringing up the next generation with a love for the outdoors. BTW how does your rebored 9.3 x 62 shoot? What did you use for a parent/donor rifle? Who did the work? I don't have a 9.3 x 62 but I have several 35 Whelens. You'll find out soon enough that these calibers are quite user friendly.
Thanks! It was a sporterized 98 mauser that was rebarreled to 30/06. I sent it to JES for the rebore. I had to do some modification to get it feeding well, but it feeds great now. Shoots well, I was able to take a couple deer with it last year. It was set up with XS ghost ring sights, but my eyes were the weak link shooting 100 yard groups with it. This year it has a new Nikon red dot on it, shooting 286 gr PPU soft points at 2487 fps with 65 grains of ram shot big game.
For some reason my phone will not upload pics on the tapatalk app. So I can post a pic of it.

Try sending the photo to your computer and upload it from there.

Maybe it will work now.
IMG_2188~2.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg