New from MN / MT

This site was very helpful in planning for my first safari this past summer, I’m glad to finally join! I grew up in Montana and Minnesota and began hunting in the late 80’s in MT when technical hunting gear included jeans and a cotton sweatshirt. My dad, son and I hunted in Namibia with PH Louw Lotter of Jamy Traut Safaris in August. It was my son, at age 11, who suggested we should hunt in Africa. Last summer at age 12 he got to do so. We are now planning a return trip in 2020. There is so much more to learn and experience, one hunt seemed to just scratch the surface.
I hunted with a .270 Winchester for years until our discretionary income exceeded my wife’s concern over the details and have now switched to a Kimber 7 mm mag. My son shoots a Kimber 6.5 Creedmoor. We also bow hunt a lot, anything to get outside more. We eat what we shoot and seldom buy meat. My wife and daughter are vegetarians and very supportive of hunting, for many reasons.
Thank you all for the insight and info i have gleaned from the past year of reading.
Welcome Tra3, Namibia is a great country and hunting destination with so much to offer

Welcome Tra3! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Welcome to our forum Tra3. Glad to have you! Lots of information to share!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg