AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Some important changes in regard to trophy hunting Cheetah, Leopard and Lion in Namibia. See attached pdf file from the Namibian Ministry of Environment & Tourism (MET) for details.

Attachments

• Trophy_Hunting.pdf
    269.6 KB · Views: 198
Jerome, me being ignorant to Namibian laws, is this going to be a problem or just extra paperwork?

Jerome, me being ignorant to Namibian laws, is this going to be a problem or just extra paperwork?
This is actually extra paperwork for the hunting outfitter not the hunter… :) But it is always good for hunters to be informed, the reason of me sharing this new regulation on AH.

In order to apply for a predator hunting permit in Namibia hunters must now supply the following to their hunting outfitters:
- copy of passport
- copy of plane ticket
- proof of payment of plane ticket
- hunter physical address and mailing address

@gizmo , I think it's a good thing, maybe more paperwork but good for the study and data of predators.

good for the study and data of predators.
Yes very much so.

Hunters should be as much as possible aware of what is required so that if something is going on, intentionally or not, that is not to the letter of the law, that they can raise the issue. Once again, at the end of the day, hunters need to be educated, informed, aware and prepare top advocate for themselves.

This is fantastic...! Now there will be much better control of what is harvested.

We as "trophy hunters" have the responsibility to promote sustainable utilization of our natural resources by means of harvesting mature leopard males that cannot reproduce anymore. That is what trophy hunting IS about... Females & young males should be left alone. Better control will lead to higher populations in the future. Its a small step in the right direction.

Regards
Jacques

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg