Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunting club, target shooting club, national hunting and shooting organisations
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Ok.
I have been patient enough, but now I really have to ask!

Has anybody tried new colt python that came out of production at beginning of 2020?
What are the impressions?
python.jpg

The above video is of a retire professional shooter who tested the new python. I first found it a couple of months ago. My shop has not been able to get them yet, but a good number have been sold on Gunbroker. Most, but not all have been sold $300 to $500 over MSRP.

From an investment perspective, I wonder what their reintroduction of the snake guns will do to the guys who have boxed, unfired old ones sitting in their safes?

The time will tell.
If they impmented MIM technology, the old ones will keep their value. And I wait someone to say, is there MIM parts in python?

Please do. awaiting yours! (y)

I wonder if the bluing will look right. IIRC the old ones had a slightly purplish hue.

My shooting buddy bought the original for 3gs and has the new one on order, my guess is the old Python will be a closet queen and he'll shoot the piss out of the new one.
Owning a SW and a Colt revolver I prefer the SW

I hear there were problems with the triggers of the new ones. Not sure if Colt has sorted it out.

MIM ??

I'm guessing it's the abbreviation for Metal Injection Moulding

and not:
Meat Is Murder
or
Maoist International Meeting

I'm not familiar with any of them- is it similar to the Sintered process or Rugers casting?

I wonder if the bluing will look right. IIRC the old ones had a slightly purplish hue.

Per the Colt website and an article I read (I think Guns & Ammo), the new Python is available in stainless only at this time. Too bad, as Colt's bluing is beautiful.

DSC_0700A.jpg

Back when the world was gaga over hi-cap autos such as the Glock and police departments were going from revolvers to autos, this Python languished in a gun store. The asking price was $450.

The new Python is not the same as the original. They made some internal changes to ease production cost (including use of MIM parts). There have been known issues. I'd wait out a purchase if you're serious about acquiring one. Give Colt time to work out the kinks.

I own the poor mans Python
pix885279736.jpg

I was unaware that they were being brought back, so thanks for the update. I bought one many years ago - my first revolver, and I still have it. I love using it at the range. People hear you plinking with .38 specials, and then you load it up with .357 and boom!

I don't think the old ones will lose their value - they were among the best guns Colt made - like a pre '64 Winchester. Quality never goes out of style.

@Ray B
When they introduced mim technology to s&w, it was not... hmm ... accepted well.
Btw, your first guess is OK! (y)

I haven't read it yet, but was told the latest Guns and Ammo review wasn't stellar. They don't right bad things about advertisers, but the accuracy wasn't great and the trigger pull poundage didn't sound impressive.

I read that review I wasn't impressed with the right up for the price of the gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois