New calibre approved

Tim Beahan

AH member
Reaction score
Phhhtt!! What do wives know.........................................they ought to be able to go through life with 1 pair of shoes, but do they?
It could be worse- I have almost no problem convincing the wife why I need another rifle, but by the time I'm done, I have to buy her one, too. Same with expensive flyrods....;)

Adrian

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
England year round and Namibia x5.
Thankfully the long haired general in my house isn't a hunter and has no interest in shooting although she does come with me beating on pheasant shoots and will come hunting as an observer in Africa.

As an aside, has anyone here seen a CZ 557 Lux? I quite like the look of it and made some enquiries today but for some reason it doesn't appear to be in the UK.
Even the CZ importers to the UK don't list it on their website?

Also, it comes with a fixed plate magazine, any pros and cons to this over a detachable one?

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Also, it comes with a fixed plate magazine, any pros and cons to this over a detachable one?

Not quite sure what you mean by "fixed plate magazine".....if you are refering to something similar to the military mausers, then I think that the big difference would be having to cycle all the rounds through the action to empty the gun, as opposed to just removing the magazine. If it has a hinged floor plate design, then I prefer that to a detachable box magazine.
We had a friend who had a Savage 340 rifle in .30/30 Winchester.......went hunting up at my Grandfather's place, noticed that he couldn't find the magazine for the gun. They tried several of the local gun shops up there and came up empty, so he had to shoot it as a single shot. Saw the buck of a life time, missed it with his one and only shot. Later that afternoon, his son found the magazine for the rifle in the glove box of the car!!:eek:
The magazine for my 10/22 comes up 'missing' from time to time...........but the tube on my Marlin 60 is always there.

Glad your wife will be accompanying you on your trip to Africa...........there is lots to see and do for the nonhunter. My wife went with me and she enjoyed herself immensely, even though she is not a hunter.

norfolk shooter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway, Isle of Arran (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
Thankfully the long haired general in my house isn't a hunter and has no interest in shooting although she does come with me beating on pheasant shoots and will come hunting as an observer in Africa.

As an aside, has anyone here seen a CZ 557 Lux? I quite like the look of it and made some enquiries today but for some reason it doesn't appear to be in the UK.
Even the CZ importers to the UK don't list it on their website?

If Edgar brothers dont do them you wont be able to get one old chap. Like I said mine might be for sale once I have a bit of a session with the 375 down at kynoch tomorrow arvo. Its a Marlin with a detachable mag (only fired about 40 rounds) and a swarovski 6x42 scope. I might even throw in a load of once fired brass and loading dies!!

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacarroll4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Nevada Mike wrote on qmrp2567's profile.
375 H&H brass...

I'd like to have them. $125 for the 100 cases, don't want the smashed ones.

I am in Sonoita, AZ

Mike
We cannot wait to share in some amazing adventures with everyone in 2023 again! Please don't hesitate to message us for a quote, customized safari or even just a chat! #HuntBaylySippel
BLJC30 wrote on Tgood1's profile.
I seen a post saying that you do taxidermy in WV. Where are you located in WV and do you have a price list?
I'm going on my first safari in June.
SteveSac wrote on mdwest's profile.
Hey There,

Im looking to book my first African Safari for 2024 for my 40th birthday. I've never hunted Africa before, but was going to head to SA with my wife for a week then see her off and then stay and hunt.

Saw your safari come up as a recommendation and wondering if you had any time to chat.
Thanks!
Steve