New calibre approved

Phhhtt!! What do wives know.........................................they ought to be able to go through life with 1 pair of shoes, but do they?
It could be worse- I have almost no problem convincing the wife why I need another rifle, but by the time I'm done, I have to buy her one, too. Same with expensive flyrods....;)

Thankfully the long haired general in my house isn't a hunter and has no interest in shooting although she does come with me beating on pheasant shoots and will come hunting as an observer in Africa.

As an aside, has anyone here seen a CZ 557 Lux? I quite like the look of it and made some enquiries today but for some reason it doesn't appear to be in the UK.
Even the CZ importers to the UK don't list it on their website?

Also, it comes with a fixed plate magazine, any pros and cons to this over a detachable one?

Also, it comes with a fixed plate magazine, any pros and cons to this over a detachable one?

Not quite sure what you mean by "fixed plate magazine".....if you are refering to something similar to the military mausers, then I think that the big difference would be having to cycle all the rounds through the action to empty the gun, as opposed to just removing the magazine. If it has a hinged floor plate design, then I prefer that to a detachable box magazine.
We had a friend who had a Savage 340 rifle in .30/30 Winchester.......went hunting up at my Grandfather's place, noticed that he couldn't find the magazine for the gun. They tried several of the local gun shops up there and came up empty, so he had to shoot it as a single shot. Saw the buck of a life time, missed it with his one and only shot. Later that afternoon, his son found the magazine for the rifle in the glove box of the car!!:eek:
The magazine for my 10/22 comes up 'missing' from time to time...........but the tube on my Marlin 60 is always there.

Glad your wife will be accompanying you on your trip to Africa...........there is lots to see and do for the nonhunter. My wife went with me and she enjoyed herself immensely, even though she is not a hunter.

Thankfully the long haired general in my house isn't a hunter and has no interest in shooting although she does come with me beating on pheasant shoots and will come hunting as an observer in Africa.

As an aside, has anyone here seen a CZ 557 Lux? I quite like the look of it and made some enquiries today but for some reason it doesn't appear to be in the UK.
Even the CZ importers to the UK don't list it on their website?

If Edgar brothers dont do them you wont be able to get one old chap. Like I said mine might be for sale once I have a bit of a session with the 375 down at kynoch tomorrow arvo. Its a Marlin with a detachable mag (only fired about 40 rounds) and a swarovski 6x42 scope. I might even throw in a load of once fired brass and loading dies!!

Phhhtt!! What do wives know.........................................they ought to be able to go through life with 1 pair of shoes, but do they?

@Mr. 16 gauge just read that to PR and she is rolling around on the floor in hysterics....:E Rofl:....:E Shake Head:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.