New Arrangement Transit Permits Germany

I think that they do not even know themselves...

The reply to my follow up email today.

Thank GoogleT:
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am not in the service at the moment. Your e-mail will not be forwarded automatically. In urgent matters please contact the e-mail address wjf@stadt-frankfurt.de.

I sent another email today requesting the "next day reply" as promised on March 16.
Still waiting.

Anything New? Maybe a case of no news is good news. Just don't want to be caught with my pants down!

Hi Everyone, I finally received a reply this morning but it’s as clear as mud! I’ve asked again exactly what current (known) procedure is!

From: julia.henecker@stadt-frankfurt.de [mailto:julia.henecker@stadt-frankfurt.de]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:03 AM
To: 'Travel Express' <travelexpress@montana.com>
Subject: AW: Firearms Transit through Germany

Dear Mrs. Ginn,

We have a little disagreements at the moment with this topic (worse Luck!)
It is possible, that there will be a change in procedure the next time.

The problem is, until now we have no official statement from the Zoll or the ministry.
But it is to expect, that there will be a change in procedure the next time (but I really can not say when this will be…). This is currently under review.

So before we change the procedure, we will stay at the known procedure yet.

Best regards
Julia Henecker

I got the same one a few moments ago.

I also replied:

"Julia, thank you for your reply.
The last official notification I had, as noted earlier, was that there was NO PERMIT REQUIRED.
Shall I inform the hunting world of this?
Wayne"

Sounds like the same stuff Frankfurt city government tried a few years ago, about as clear now as it was then.

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 10.50.14 AM.png

"So

what

do

you

call

a

humped

camel....."

Brick and Lori,

Thanks for working on this project. (y)

I got the same one a few moments ago.

I also replied:

"Julia, thank you for your reply.
The last official notification I had, as noted earlier, was that there was NO PERMIT REQUIRED.
Shall I inform the hunting world of this?
Wayne"

The reply in todays email:

"Yes, you can do!
Still there is no permit required.

When I get new information, I will inform you!

Best regards,
Julia."

:A Banana:

That is some excellent news. Thanks for running this to ground @BRICKBURN

Brickburn is :A No1:
:A Thumbs Up: :A Way To Go:

Sometimes it pays to be stubborn and talk back. :)

Very happy to report that we just returned from SA. We transited Frankfurt both on our way to SA and again on our way back home when our trip was finished.. and had ZERO problems.. we even left the airport and went into the city for several hours (we had a 12 1/2 hour layover in Frankfurt on our way to SA) and had to go through customs and immigration there (with no bags).. no issues at all...

Getting through US customs when we returned to the US was a bigger ordeal (although also not really any problem.. we just got stuck waiting in a long, slow line to be cleared..)..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88ak

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,