New .404

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
16,031
Reaction score
86,207
Location
Texas
Media
409
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
5
Mex/S.Amer
3
Europe
8
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Hungary, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
When in the Caprivi two years ago, I used my .375 H&H for buffalo and it worked just great. In eighteen months, I'll be heading out to Mozambique and will have two buff on licence. I am sure the .375 would do equally well then, but it seemed like a good excuse to indulge myself in a caliber I have always wanted. While at Hendershots Sporting Goods in Hagerstown, MD ( Hendershots Sporting Goods - Custom Rifles, Ammo and Load Development ) over the weekend, Lance showed me a .404 Jeffery which they had commissioned to be built by Craig Libhart. It is engineered around a highly modified CZ 550 action, Krieger barrel, and a great piece of Turkish walnut. Craig used NECG sights, LaPour safety, and an AHR trigger. The stock is wrapped around the 5 + 1 magazine beautifully so there is no hint of blockiness. The action is machined for Talley rings and I have a Zeiss Duralyte which will work perfectly. I don't think I could have done a better job designing its specs. Just a special thing and I could not resist it. Will wring it out at the range this weekend. Lance's photo is attached.

CL404.1.JPG
 
Lance is a great guy and they have awesome rifles have done a couple of safaris together so I trust that he'll save the 404 for me!!!! :-)

Just kiddin, great rifle though a true classic, it could very easily have taken the place most pop calibre in Africa as years ago before the 458 and 416's various game control authorities employed the 404 to a large degree!

Enjoy you can't go wrong with it!

My best always
 
Lance is a great guy and they have awesome rifles have done a couple of safaris together so I trust that he'll save the 404 for me!!!! :-)

Just kiddin, great rifle though a true classic, it could very easily have taken the place most pop calibre in Africa as years ago before the 458 and 416's various game control authorities employed the 404 to a large degree!

Enjoy you can't go wrong with it!

My best always

Not a chance Jaco :-) It is leaning against my desk as I type. Look forward to seeing how it shoots. You should know that Lance speaks very highly of you.
 
Red Legs

Looks like a great gun...

Let us know, how it goes at the range...

I'm still looking to get something as a just in case rifle...

Still looking at a 416 rigby and 458
 
Beautiful gun!
 
Good looking gun, congratulations !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,293
Messages
1,571,856
Members
169,445
Latest member
999bethostv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top