New .375 has arrived!!

Finally got it all mounted up after getting the rings and bases from optics planet. after bore sighting, then trying for a while to find the paper, then getting it more dialed in, here are the initial results. the final 5 shots are the 4 overlapping and the one just to the left of the center

20160325_163005.jpg
20160325_152018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice.... keep it up!

Nice!

Looking good!

Nice....

So what ammo brand were you shooting at the time?

Finally got it all mounted up after getting the rings and bases from optics planet. after bore sighting, then trying for a while to find the paper, then getting it more dialed in, here are the initial results. the final 5 shots are the 4 overlapping and the one just to the left of the

Hi Reedyo312

What distance did you sight in at?
Looks good for the combination you have.

BHFS300

Thanks guys!

Nice....

So what ammo brand were you shooting at the time?

Royal I was shooting Federal 300 Grain soft points. Next time out I will try the Federal Premium 300 Grain Swift A frames and the Barnes 300 G TSX

Only hear good things about swift A frames

Reedy is that a VX6 you put on there?

Charlie,

I took the advice of many on this site regarding hunting buff and leopard and got a lighted reticle scope. This is the VXR Firedot in 2x7x33

I have owned 3 rifles in .375 H&H caliber. The first was a wood stock Winchester, I had nothing but jamming problems with it. I then purchased a Browning, stainless stalker I think it was called, with the BOSS system, damn, that gun was loud!!! I then purchased the same rifle as you have, the Kimber. WOW is all I can say. I love love love this rifle!!!! I currently have a Schmidt and Bender scope on it and love the setup. For whatever reason I can actually shoot 10-12 shots through this rifle when 2 or 3 out of the Browning and I was finished!! Great choice!!!!

For whatever reason I can actually shoot 10-12 shots through this rifle when 2 or 3 out of the Browning and I was finished!! Great choice!!!!

I have the Caprivi, not the Talkeetna, but mine is very easy shooting, too. I also have a Kimber Montana in 338 wm that isn't bad, either, even though the gun weighs only 7 lbs. I believe that the stock design on all of the Kimbers contributes to this.

Yeah Im pleased with the feel of this gun and how smooth it shot well also. Cant wait to shoot some more to get her dialed in even more so

Charlie,

I took the advice of many on this site regarding hunting buff and leopard and got a lighted reticle scope. This is the VXR Firedot in 2x7x33

That's what I have on our 375, it's a nice scope. Good enough to pick up a bear at 10 yards, and an antelope at 500 ... :) Good shooting and congrats on the rifle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AubreyQuin

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.