Need help with European Hunting!

I would like to add on to a part of Red Leg's post. I also have been to France maybe 8 or 9 times, but never hunting. I have a Lonely Planet pocket size French language book designed for tourists. Start studying it several months before you go, a little each day. It will work wonders for talking/dealing with the French people, and yes even in Paris. Just start at the beginning with what I call the niceties! It is actually pretty easy to start. Then move up to the more difficult sections. More times than not in my experience, if you start the conversation in French and they see you are having trouble, they will start speaking English. All of my French contacts through the years have been nothing but positive! By the way, there are lots of gun shops in Paris for doubles and bolt guns for you to window shop....you just can't buy anything...as far as I know. Google them for locations!
This is great info thank you! I have actually started language learning so hopefully it won't be THAT bad when I get there haha.
Thanks for the heads up on the gunshops, can't wait to dream/window shop!

I Know an American who worked at the airforce close to the border of france in germany,
He has a hunting school for americans because you'll need a license (Jagdschein) to Do hunting in europe!

Let me know if you Need that contact!

I Know an American who worked at the airforce close to the border of france in germany,
He has a hunting school for americans because you'll need a license (Jagdschein) to Do hunting in europe!

Let me know if you Need that contact!
Actually that would be great!! You can PM me or just reply! That's super helpful thank you!

Hi mate, you may want to consider England just a short flight and access to lots of affordable hunting , shooting. To be able to hunt in France you have to take examinations and it is all in French with no exceptions so your language skills must be good.
Here in the UK you can hunt (stalk) deer all year round as there is always something in season and of course there is the best pheasant and partridge shooting in the world.
Send me a message if you want any advise etc. Good luck with the move.
Markcz

A days cull stalking for Red deer hinds in the Scottish highlands can be had for around £300 - 400 per day. No cull fees, shoot as many as you can.

Romania has excellent hunting. I hunted Roe deer there two summers ago and it was an amazing trip. Horia Spandu is your guy for Romania. He has Stag, Roe, chamois, wolves, and bear.

Tulu,

To hunt in France you need a hunting permit.(this can be a national one or a departemental one) France is divided in departments (like states in the US) en every department has is own hunting association. For Marseille this will be
http://www.fdc-13.com/
Best to take contact with 'm. To own a firearm you'll need a permit or hunting license. Don't forget hunting is very popular in France and almost every type of game is available in the country. Major issue with France, most of the frenchmen only speak french....
Best tip I could give you is to take contact with one of your future colleges, there must be a hunter around who can introduce you...
Here the national link
http://chasseurdefrance.com/chasser-en-france/le-permis-de-chasser/hunting-in-france/

WKR,

FRANK

Tulu,

To hunt in France you need a hunting permit.(this can be a national one or a departemental one) France is divided in departments (like states in the US) en every department has is own hunting association. For Marseille this will be
http://www.fdc-13.com/
Best to take contact with 'm. To own a firearm you'll need a permit or hunting license. Don't forget hunting is very popular in France and almost every type of game is available in the country. Major issue with France, most of the frenchmen only speak french....
Best tip I could give you is to take contact with one of your future colleges, there must be a hunter around who can introduce you...
Here the national link
http://chasseurdefrance.com/chasser-en-france/le-permis-de-chasser/hunting-in-france/

WKR,

FRANK

Wow! Thank you for the links and info! That was my main thought was to try and make a “hunting buddy” to show me the ropes! I will never simply give up hunting, just keep trying! Thanks again!!

Wow! Thank you for the links and info! That was my main thought was to try and make a “hunting buddy” to show me the ropes! I will never simply give up hunting, just keep trying! Thanks again!!

And best of all, you will be living in the same time zone as South Africa and Namibia... :) If you need help for hunt in Europe don't hesitate to contact me (detail on my site) FRANK

And best of all, you will be living in the same time zone as South Africa and Namibia... :) If you need help for hunt in Europe don't hesitate to contact me (detail on my site) FRANK

Yes! Namibia is actually my first goal once I finally save up enough! And I will most definitely be contacting you more about other European hunting once I arrive! Thank you so much again!

Actually I did have one more question for you! So here in the states reloading is pretty popular. I was thinking about taking some simple reloading equipment along and reloading over there. Are you aware of any laws that would prohibit reloading in France or if people even do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darrell572

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg