Need a new Bullet

I've always loaded up Woodleigh PPs, RNs, SNs, and solids. Have not tried the CPs yet.
 
I have always hand loaded north fork bullets for my plains game and dangerous game rifles. Apparently they are going out of business and will have to switch. Any recs for comparable bullets. I have hand loaded the solids, ss, and pp’s all with excellent performance.
Thanks


Depends where you live. Peregrine is an African product of course.

If you're North American, the "killer combo" for large bores is Woodleigh Hydrostatic Solids and Swift A-Frames. Barring that, Woodleigh Hydros and Woodleigh Softpoints.

If you're dealing with bolt action rifles, many alternatives exist. Barnes, Hornady, Federal Trophy Bonded, etc.

For best answers: describe the rifle a bit more, what nation you reside, caliber, etc. and we'll help you with options.
 
  • Like
Reactions: IvW
The TSX totally eliminated the need for me to load softs and solids separately. For me, one bullet does it all (penetrates deep, 100% weight retention, but still expands). The TSX is cheap, highly available, easy to load, and has decades of data and proof backing it up. You won't have to worry about switching loads again.

Unless you are hunting elephant, rhino, hippo on land or anything else in elephant country and you are the PH....
 
Cody. Say it aint so
I just got to liking the cup point solids. Any idea were to find something comparable? Best to u and yours. Jacques

Maybe you should try Woodleigh solids or hydros.
 
For plains game the Swift A-Frame works quite well. Attached a photo of a .375" / 270grs A-Frame out of a male Oryx (shot by 9,5x66SE, v0=850m/s, shot distance 200m).
Oryx and warthog no problems with this bullet!
SAF.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,441
Messages
1,576,361
Members
170,558
Latest member
EthelSha5
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top