Need a new Bullet

I've always loaded up Woodleigh PPs, RNs, SNs, and solids. Have not tried the CPs yet.

I have always hand loaded north fork bullets for my plains game and dangerous game rifles. Apparently they are going out of business and will have to switch. Any recs for comparable bullets. I have hand loaded the solids, ss, and pp’s all with excellent performance.
Thanks

Depends where you live. Peregrine is an African product of course.

If you're North American, the "killer combo" for large bores is Woodleigh Hydrostatic Solids and Swift A-Frames. Barring that, Woodleigh Hydros and Woodleigh Softpoints.

If you're dealing with bolt action rifles, many alternatives exist. Barnes, Hornady, Federal Trophy Bonded, etc.

For best answers: describe the rifle a bit more, what nation you reside, caliber, etc. and we'll help you with options.

Reactions: IvW
The TSX totally eliminated the need for me to load softs and solids separately. For me, one bullet does it all (penetrates deep, 100% weight retention, but still expands). The TSX is cheap, highly available, easy to load, and has decades of data and proof backing it up. You won't have to worry about switching loads again.

Unless you are hunting elephant, rhino, hippo on land or anything else in elephant country and you are the PH....

Cody. Say it aint so
I just got to liking the cup point solids. Any idea were to find something comparable? Best to u and yours. Jacques

Maybe you should try Woodleigh solids or hydros.

For plains game the Swift A-Frame works quite well. Attached a photo of a .375" / 270grs A-Frame out of a male Oryx (shot by 9,5x66SE, v0=850m/s, shot distance 200m).
Oryx and warthog no problems with this bullet!
SAF.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!