Naming our vehicles

I will he sold it when he retired and moved to America with his wife.

I didn't know him CW, but please try to find the pictures.
this was a both-sides-of-the-Limpopo hunt in '07. i got to drive his wife's very new turbo diesel cruiser down to Pretoria area as his old landy needed some service near there when headed back to OR Tambo-it was very nice! It was amazing to see how even the African toyota variety was so much more heavily constructed than in America (where all the expensive safety and emissions equipment is required in-lieu.) 'Looked into importing one but the purchase price was $65K USD plus shipping (c. '00.) Only now are very few smaller turbo diesels available...

LimpopoSA20070723 016.jpg
LimpopoSA20070724 006.jpg
LimpopoSA20070724 005.jpg
ZimbabweLemco20070726 069.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this was a both-sides-of-the-Limpopo hunt in '07. i got to drive his wife's very new turbo diesel cruiser down to Pretoria area as his old landy needed some service near there when headed back to OR Tambo-it was very nice!
still searching for the Land Rover pics-may be older, paper?? Westfalen in Nambia is fond of 'em, still!

Attachments

• DSCN0050.JPG
    DSCN0050.JPG
    897.3 KB · Views: 55
Voortriker??

This is not her but close. I had a Baby Powder Blue 1981 Ford Ranger Lariat 2x4 I put over 400,000 miles on her through high school and college. She was called "The Beast" no matter rain or shine she always ran and never got stuck.

1661293062039.png

I have an 06 silver 4 door Chevy Silverado.
Those of us old enough to remember The Lone Ranger will agree the older & weaker our knees & shoulders get, the closer to our vehicle we hunt! I named my truck “ my portable silver ground blind with a heater”!
I hunt close enough that returning for a dose of heater isn’t a half a day trup!

Just an added moment in my silver portable ground blind with a heater!!!!!
Yesterday coming home from the range, there was a 2' rattler in the dirt road. I thought about shooting it, but there were people installing solar pannels on both sides of the road. I was afraid theyd turn me in for shooting in the road even though we were 3 miles from town. It coiled when I stopped, so I backed up & gave it a fatal dose of Chevy Silverado!!!

Had a Mini Cooper (old school one) called "Coop" and my current Impreza is called "Scoob" (Subaru > Scubaru > Scoob)

I failed the originality test big time with those...

I love the landcruiser 98

Here is mine in exped clothing

Sadly moved it on now but was a ''reliable cracker''

Forgive me if I've posted this before - seen here crossing the northern escarpment in Mauretania and two similar vehicles on Christmas day in the Malian desert with Janis Joplin full blast and no-one for 200 km

j

L1000331.JPG

J
L1000395.JPG

OK, I'll play:

My 911s were all named Katia. I knew a German girl named Katia once, and it seemed like a good German name to go with. I had a 924S I called Ilse. I also had a Saint Bernard named Ilse, that name has since been retired. I really miss that Saint Bernard.

Now, I have a Jag XJS I've always called Victoria. But my sister "babysat" it for me on a deployment, and she started calling it "Q", because she thought it would make a good car for James Bond. I had to explain that it wasn't an Aston Martin, but she would have none of it. My wife now calls it Q. I'll forgive my sister some day.

My wife has also started calling the Rover "Beast". I would really prefer something a bit more feminine. The Rover hasn't let me down yet, so I can't actually name it after an ex-girlfriend. On a related note, I did name my M-60E3 after my ex, because like her, I loved it to death, but it always let me down when I really needed it.

Perhaps I should call the Rover "M".

OK, I'll play:

My 911s were all named Katia. I knew a German girl named Katia once, and it seemed like a good German name to go with. I had a 924S I called Ilse. I also had a Saint Bernard named Ilse, that name has since been retired. I really miss that Saint Bernard.

Now, I have a Jag XJS I've always called Victoria. But my sister "babysat" it for me on a deployment, and she started calling it "Q", because she thought it would make a good car for James Bond. I had to explain that it wasn't an Aston Martin, but she would have none of it. My wife now calls it Q. I'll forgive my sister some day.

My wife has also started calling the Rover "Beast". I would really prefer something a bit more feminine. The Rover hasn't let me down yet, so I can't actually name it after an ex-girlfriend. On a related note, I did name my M-60E3 after my ex, because like her, I loved it to death, but it always let me down when I really needed it.

Perhaps I should call the Rover "M".
Call it Judi Dench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!