Namibia to open its borders

Anyone know when trophies will start getting shipped out of the country. Our animals from last years trip were ready to ship just before things got shutdown

I am in the same boat ready to go week before shutdown. Upside is items from the last safari have been able to join the consignment. last thing I heard was they were going to transport them by truck to johanesburg and fly them from there.

Just spoke to exporter in Namibia hopefully I should have my shipment by the end of the month.

Anyone know when trophies will start getting shipped out of the country. Our animals from last years trip were ready to ship just before things got shutdown

We were lucky.....we got our shipment on February 26th right before things got crazy.....my friend seen here opening his crate....always a fun time digging for the treasure....hope you get yours soon!

E Getting Shipment.jpg

Good stuff. Glad to hear they are shipping again. Just waiting for a reply from our broker on the status of our shipment

What would one have to eat during the quarantine? Sardine burritos and/or peanut butter and honey in tortillas? I unexpectedly quarantined with my father in law during a week of elk hunting a number of years ago and that’s what we pretty much ate because he forgot the meat. Just curious?

Not that Air Namibia was the most reliable carrier, but I hate to see them, or any airline fail right now. This is kind of expected but still sad to see....

THE Transportation Commission of Namibia has suspended Air Namibia's Scheduled Air Services Licence, citing the national carrier's financial status and safety concerns, among others.

This was detailed in a communication sent to Air Namibia's acting managing director, Elia Erastus, by the Transportation Commission of Namibia's chairperson Eldorette Harmse on Monday.

“Taking all the factors states above into consideration and the requirements of the Air Services Act, namely that an operator must be financially able to provide a safe, satisfactory and reliable air service, the Commission has resolved to suspend Air Namibia's Schedules Air Services Licence No 00012 again with effect from 23h59 on Wednesday, 8 July 2020.

“Air Namibia will be afforded an opportunity until Wednesday, 22 July 2020 to provide the Commission with evidence of having obtained funding to meet the requirements of the Air Services Acts,” the letter detailed.

Air Namibia's Non-Scheduled Air Services Licence will remain valid for the duration of the state of emergency in order to allow the airline to undertake humanitarian evacuation and repatriation flights, the letter detailed. This will, however, only apply during the state of emergency, after which the suspension will also be extended to these flights.

Not that Air Namibia was the most reliable carrier, but I hate to see them, or any airline fail right now. This is kind of expected but still sad to see....

THE Transportation Commission of Namibia has suspended Air Namibia's Scheduled Air Services Licence, citing the national carrier's financial status and safety concerns, among others.

This was detailed in a communication sent to Air Namibia's acting managing director, Elia Erastus, by the Transportation Commission of Namibia's chairperson Eldorette Harmse on Monday.

“Taking all the factors states above into consideration and the requirements of the Air Services Act, namely that an operator must be financially able to provide a safe, satisfactory and reliable air service, the Commission has resolved to suspend Air Namibia's Schedules Air Services Licence No 00012 again with effect from 23h59 on Wednesday, 8 July 2020.

“Air Namibia will be afforded an opportunity until Wednesday, 22 July 2020 to provide the Commission with evidence of having obtained funding to meet the requirements of the Air Services Acts,” the letter detailed.

Air Namibia's Non-Scheduled Air Services Licence will remain valid for the duration of the state of emergency in order to allow the airline to undertake humanitarian evacuation and repatriation flights, the letter detailed. This will, however, only apply during the state of emergency, after which the suspension will also be extended to these flights.
Another one bites the dust. No surprise but bad all around. Fewer carriers means costs will go up.

I know the situation is ever changing, has anyone heard when Namibia will open for hunting, or has it already?

I know the situation is ever changing, has anyone heard when Namibia will open for hunting, or has it already?

The plan was to be Sept 19th, but that was put on hold last week. They are playing the wait and see game now/

Got this yesterday from a friend of mine that is a PH in Namibia when I inquired about how it was going. I think this sums it up well....

Nothing good. Went back to stage 3. All a pain.

Got this yesterday from a friend of mine that is a PH in Namibia when I inquired about how it was going. I think this sums it up well....

Nothing good. Went back to stage 3. All a pain.
Thanks for the update........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg