NAMIBIA: My Hunt With Jamy Traut Safaris

Congrats, nice trophies !

Great pictures. Great trip. When are you going back? What is your analysis of the outfitter and PH?

Congratulations on a great trip and hunt. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Sounds like a great trip, congrats!!

Looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing!

I'll echo what has already been said. Nice trophies. I'd say that you had a great trip. Some nice/interesting touring after the hunt too. Well done. Congrats
Bruce

Congrats on your hunt and your trophies. Looks like you guys had a blast

Fantastic trip. Did a similar thing after my Namibian safari. Spent 4 days on the skeleton coast fishing and having Braiis on the beach. The highlight was riding quad bikes in the sand dunes at Swakupmund.

Great pictures. Great trip. When are you going back? What is your analysis of the outfitter and PH?

We loved everything about Jamy Traut safari! Accommodations was great, food was amazing! Jamy is a top notch guy along with the other PHs in his camp! I will definitely use him again except next time I will hunt his Caprivi camp for buffalo/hippo! Sounds like a good combo to me!

Congrats on a great trip and some fine trophies! Gotta love Namibia!

Great job with your pictures. I did a similar trip with one of Jimmy’s friends in reverse. Started in Etosha as our guns arrived a day after us. Then we finished the trip in Swakopmund. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

Travis2282, I can safely say that you and your wife just enjoyed the African hunt we all hope to experience. You must be lucky, getting to see London on the only sunny day in the last year and a half ;);)and a 55" Kudu. What more could a guy wish for??

Congratulations on an outstanding trip, with quality trophies to top it off.

Thanks for your report Travis. Nice trophies and seems like you had a great time.

I am sure you realize this, but you were hunting with one of the very best people in the business today. (y) Jamy and his lovely wife Rentia have hosted some of the biggest names in the business and lots of folks like you and me. Everyone is treated with unfailing courtesy and thorough professionalism. Listening to Jamy suggest “you should take that ...… fill in the blank” is one of the smartest moves a client can make. Great kudu, gemsbok, and hartebeest by the way! I hunted with him in the Caprivi and had a wonderful experience (including the big buff in my avatar). He is one of those somewhat rare PH/outfitters who is as enthusiastic and focused finding a client a great - well kudu - as he is a bull elephant with 60+ a side. So glad you also took the opportunity to visit the coast and Etosha (Kruger without the crowds). Wish more folks would add those experiences to their Namibian adventures. Congrats on a great hunt!

Last edited:
Wow to see a real, wild Black Rhino! What an adventure.
Philip

What a great hunting report and adventure in Namibia! I love the length and mass on that red hartebeest!

Congratulations!

Great animals, and better yet, a great experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.