Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, and now Tajikistan
I have just had the pleasure of hunting in the Caprivi with Kowas Safari Adventures. Many of you know Kowas from hunting with them in Dordabis Conservancy south of Windhoek. Jacques Strauss is expanding their operation into the Caprivi and hunting dangerous game. I got to hunt at their Mukango Camp which is located in Mahango National Park. Yes, most of us do not associate hunting with a national park but this park uses sustainable conservation as its means of managing its wildlife. I also hunted in Dzoti Camp in Dzoti Conservancy in the far eastern part of the Caprivi Stip. I hope you enjoy this method of telling this adventure.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 8.49.53 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the look of the dzoti camp-definitely a part of the world I would like to see someday. Nice trophies taken so far, enjoying the videos and of course waiting for more more more!

The Caprivi is one of the very special places on earth.

What program are using to edit your footage?

I like the look of the dzoti camp-definitely a part of the world I would like to see someday. Nice trophies taken so far, enjoying the videos and of course waiting for more more more!

We did a great deal of walking and driving at Dzoti Camp. In wetter years and especially in October all movement is done in small boats or canoes. However, there was several times we were above our knees in some very cold water. :E Cold:

What program are using to edit your footage?

I used iMoves on my iPhone. At the end of each day, I would make an album of all the pictures and video that I took for that day. The next morning before breakfast I would pick and choose the pictures/videos that best represented that day and drop them into the program. I would then choose one of the music choices that is part of the program and click done. I am a highly evolved T-Rex but I am still a T-Rex so it has to be simple.:D

The goal of this trip was cape buffalo. We were chasing an "own use buffalo." This means that we wanted to hunt a truly non-trophy ancient old bull. This bull was destined to provide meat for a large village gathering that was to take place two days after this hunt. We got more than we hoped for.

Day 7

Great way to present a report, thanks for posting. Now that's what I would call an old bull past it's prime. Well done!

Congrats, great report, fantastic old bull :D Cheers:

The goal of this trip was cape buffalo. We were chasing an "own use buffalo." This means that we wanted to hunt a truly non-trophy ancient old bull. This bull was destined to provide meat for a large village gathering that was to take place two days after this hunt. We got more than we hoped for.

Day 7

Seriously old bull, congratulations!

Congratulations and thank you. The video reporting raises the bar around here. One day, I hope to get to the Caprivi or as some are starting to call it the Zambezi region.

Awesome old bull!!! Congrats!

Very nice, thanks for sharing! And congrats!

Great trip! Enjoyed getting the updates during the whole thing

Thank You for your kind comments.

Hunting this cape buffalo is a team effort. This team performed marvelously. Jacques Strauss, my PH, and Humphrys, the tracker, were amazing to walk behind and watch them communicate with the slightest look and gesture. Then Elleni Strauss was behind me with the camera and you will see she did a tremendous job. By the way, it was her first cape buffalo hunt, too. Jacques and Elleni are a remarkable young married couple that are able to work together and live together. Elleni, also, runs the behind the scenes logistics that nobody sees but you know its done right because there never seems to be a problem in camp.

This is a video that Jacques and Elleni produced for me. My intention with sharing this video is to show how well this team worked to put me in a position to make a simple 60 yard broadside shot. This bull had no idea he was being hunted.

Finally, I would like to use this video to show how many of you, on this forum, contributed to my understanding of how to use a double rifle. For those of you who contributed to the thread below,

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/bringing-the-new-470ne-double-rifle-on-line.47651/

Thank You for your willingness to share your knowledge!

Enjoy the video:

Superb old buffalo bull and hunted the right way.
Well done and congratulations on a great hunt and bull.

great camera work! really cool spin on a hunting report.Nice trophies and Awesome adventure, life time memories!
Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on a great old bull J. Fantastic shoot too.

It shows great herd management when you can pick between a scrum cap and a one horned bull.

The videos make a great hunting report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg