NAMIBIA: Hunting With KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS & Dammab Hunting Safaris

Jimmy Salsman

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Went hunting there in May , took my wife and Son had a very successful and enjoyable hunt .They took my wife and son on great horseback tour and photo tour. Every one there connected on the animals they were after and all have planned a return trip in 2023. Had set this hunt up with Philip for a long time hunting Buddy that had Parkinsons. After sending his deposit he fell and was not going to be able to make the hunt now or in the future. I returned his deposit and took the hunt. One of my friends that went in 2019 mentioned he would like to hunt the Leopards there. Errens of Dammab Safaris an Associate of Philips who had served as my PH on the prior hunts called wit an opportunity for Leopard. He also said that the best opportunity was going to be the following week. Stacy accepted , I got the ticketts and we were on our way. After being cancelled and spending the night in Ethiopia we were there. I started my plains game hunt with Philip and Stacy went with Errens for Leopard. The first afternoon I got a 39 1/2 inch Eland with massive bases. The next morning we were after Waterbuck, shortly into the morning we got a text from Errens (BOOM) meaning they got the Leopard. On the way there on the plane we were talking to a hunter with another Namibian Outfitter , he had sat for 102 hrs. and never saw a Cat. Stacy's hunt was over in a few hrs. Old Tom Teeth missing body going down hill a beautiful trophy. Stacy then shot an Eland almost as big as the one I took . The following day we went together, we pulled out crossed the river and 300 yrds Waterbuck Me and Errens got of walked 300 yrds and a 28inch Waterbuck. We Loaded it took it to skinners and went for Stacy's Giraffe. Drove for maybe 30 minutes Ralphy said there he is. Errens and Stacy got off stalked close with us watching. An old bull know as a Stink bull and the rest of the day was spent skinning. The next morning me and Errens stalked for about an 11/2 hrs. Nyala. That afternoon We went to another area stalked for about 2 hrs. Red Lechewe. Thought real hard about a Sable. We then had several days of the 14 day hunt left so we started enjoying Namibia Hospitality. We went to the Skeleton Coast Fishing for Shark . Big Fishing Tournement but water was to ruff for fishing . Met some really nice people had a fantastic BBQ , and saw sight no where else. This is my 3rd. trip hunting with @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS , and I can honestly say, they get better every time. I would recommend them to anyone.

BSAM1558.JPG
DKJK7224.JPG
GPPR2341 (1).JPG
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0415.JPG
IMG_0523.JPG
IMG_0599.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG
IMG_0691 (3).JPG
IMG_4749.JPG
SDTP4933 (1).JPG

Excellent trophies, congrats !

Well done! Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing your story.

Looks like you had an excellent hunt. Congrats on your trophies. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

Be Glad to talk.
Hi @Jimmy Salsman, Your private information was removed from your post for privacy reasons. If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system, thank you.

As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

Hi @Jimmy Salsman, Your private information was removed from your post for privacy reasons. If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system, thank you.

As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.
How do I PM someone

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

How do I PM someone
The PM system on AH is called Conversations.

If you go to your Inbox at https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/ you will find your messages there. If you want to start a conversation, go to your Inbox at https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/and click on the button that says Start Conversation or go to the following link: https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/add.

Also by clicking on a member's avatar, a window will open up giving you the ability to click on a link called Start Conversation to send a message to that member.

Click on the envelope in the yellow bar at top of the page . . .

I was there at the same time at Khomas with these two Texas gentlemen and I can attest that you could not spend time in Africa with anyone more enjoyable than Jimmy and Stacy…great trophies, and great memories.

Well done, congratulations.

very nice animals. I didn't realize Namibia had good lechwe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!