NAMIBIA: Hunt with African Days Safaris

Stuart70

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hudson Rod and Gun Club, NRA, SCI
Left for my first Safari September 12, flew from MSP to Dulles on to JFK, following day left for Johannesburg, then on to Windhoek, Namibia. Had definate concerns with rifles, evrything was handled wonderfully. South African Airlines, took care of rifles in NewYork, and they were waiting for us in Police holding in Namibia. No sooner did we get our bags and Jaco and Marius were there to greet us and get us to the vehicles. We had an hour drive to Khaya Guest House in Okahandja. We arrived and were greeted with dinner of Kudu sausage, oryx steaks, potato lasgna and Windhoek lager. Guest house was a great first night, it allowed us to unwind and spens some time with our PHs around the boma. Our group of four hunted four differnt concessions of 25,000 hectares. We harvested zebra, warthog, gemsbok, springbok, blesbok, blackwildebeest and red hartebeest. Five of our animals will qualify for NAPHA medals, two gold two silver and a bronze, the warthog and gemsbok will also qualify for patron medals. Our PHs were extremely knowledgeable, able to find us quality animals, and most importantly IMO patient. This was my Moms first hunt, our PH put her on a 700lb zebra, and a beatiful red hartebeest. Camps were very comfortable, with many amenities,food was exceptional, we wanted to eat all game and they provided that for us. Hot water at all camps, drinkable well water. Would highly recommend African Days Safaris for anyone interested. We were treated well by everyone who was involved in our safari from Pieter the owner, to Elaine our booking agent to all staff in Africa. Pics to follow.

Great stuff. It's always good to hear about a trip that went well.

Good to hear, I prefer to eat all africa game meat too, when in Africa.

sounds like youse had a great hunt with a good outcome in the trophy department
the whole outfit sounds great
well done

Looking forward to the pictures!

Sounds like you had the best of times looking forward to the pics. And Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg