NAMIBIA: African Fever

Rimbaud

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 8, 2017
Messages
753
Reaction score
1,747
Location
USA
Media
14
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Europe
1
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA, USPSA, NYSRPA
Hunted
England, Hungary, United States, Scotland, Namibia, Argentina, Romania
I'm just back from two-weeks in Namibia. I hunted plains game. I find myself reliving each shot and hunt, and planning my next trip. I don't think many people outside of this forum will truly understand, but there is something about the place - the animals, the people, the geography, flora - that just gets into your soul and expands.
 
Congratulations!! You have just been bit!!! Now when is the next trip???
 
Congratulations!! You have just been bit!!! Now when is the next trip???
Maybe next year. On the verge of buying .375 H&H and headed back for buffalo and then some!
 
Awesome! Of course we are awaiting details and pictures of this hunt. I too was bitten this year by my first trip to Africa. CONGRATULATIONS!
 
I'm just back from two-weeks in Namibia. I hunted plains game. I find myself reliving each shot and hunt, and planning my next trip. I don't think many people outside of this forum will truly understand, but there is something about the place - the animals, the people, the geography, flora - that just gets into your soul and expands.

It is an addiction from which many here suffer! Good luck on the next hunt sir!
 
"another one bites the dust!",,,
 
Congratulations! You have been bitten just as I was in 2018. Just finished 2019 trip and working on 2020 dates. Please write us a full report of your adventure.
 
It would be funny if it wasn't so addictive!! Glad to have you, and would love to read your report!
:D Beers:
 
Hi all - thanks for the dialogue and interest in the hunt. I posted a bit about the hunt under this heading: NAMIBIA: Namibia 2019, detailing hunts for waterbuck, kudu, warthog. I took 10 in all and will be back with more after I finish savoring the memories again and again before mucking it up with writing.
 
Last edited:
You now officially addicted! Congratulations! And if you think you’re addicted now... wait until you hunt buffalo. Those big black critters really stir the juices!
 
You now officially addicted! Congratulations! And if you think you’re addicted now... wait until you hunt buffalo. Those big black critters really stir the juices!
I brought back two buffalo carvings. I have them on a book shelf in my study. They are my reminders of what comes next. Just finished Thomas' book on buffalos and planning now to get .375 H&H. I just love hunting, and being out with the wild things, and Africa takes that love and pumps it full of steroids.
 
Congrats! Hope you get that .375 and head back for buff!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,136
Members
169,708
Latest member
HanneloreG
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top