Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
I have proposed something unusual to a PH for my next hunt.

Since he has many areas to hunt (and I have all the plains game trophies I really need) and areas that he has not had time to explore, I proposed we hunt only those areas that he would like to look at and take what comes around. I think it would be fun to see a new area through his eyes.

Anyone ever done this?

Not done it, but it sounds like a fun twist to a hunt. Maybe combine it with a stay over night or two in the bush by a campfire?

Thats a great idea mr.Cliffy....! I bet you will have tons of fun. Enjoy it!

cliffy having slept in/on a couple or so places under the african skies with not too much apart from the cases of mosi (very important) !!!! i highly recommend it. where are you going to do this?

thats a cool way of turning an adventure into a true safari cliffy

That sounds like a great idea. That type of hunt would be like the early days of Safaris...never really sure what you were going to see. Sounds like a lot of fun...can't wait to hear how it turns out! :)

I'll be doing it in Namibia but it is a year away yet. Have to save enough Rand.

Sounds great Cliffy!
I will be very much looking forward to your report from that adventure :)

I have done it here in Alaska before. Just pick a direction and go. Africa would be way too much fun! Like the movie Out of Africa, go see it before its gone! Good for you Sir, please send photos when you get back and tell many stories!
:huntingrifle:

Here's what a friend of mine in RSA and I did in 2006, we talked about what animals in RSA I had not killed, Vallie, Natal Red Duiker, Rhino Dart, Orabi and a Bush Pig. He organized a whirlwind tour of the country as we wanted to hunt them all in their "mostly" endemic habitat. We went all over the place, Orabi in the free state, a free range Vaalie over by Piet Ratif. a Natal Red Duiker in Natal someplace I've forgotten, but the farmers wife was extraordinary and I am sure I made a complete azz of myself gawking.

We finished up driving back to Limpopo to dart a rhino on Tania Kaisers "Unico" safaris a year after she was widowed. Wonderful woman with three beautiful young daughters.

But Cliffy, we did exactly what you are planning, we drove around and made phone calls, and never really had a plan from the time I got off the plane until I got back on. One of my more memorable trips.

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg