My first 375

Very nice rifle with great looking wood. Congrats!

I am also in the market for my first 375 H&H. What rifle will be recommended?
In South Africa the CZ 550 has always been the norm and go to rifle for most, but prices have gone up drastically and now almost competes with Sako prices. I also like the Winchester Mod 70, which is in the same price range. Any recommendations or opinions between these rifles... they are all in the $2000 - $3000 price range.
Welcome to AH.
Humansdorp Coop will allegedly get some Zastava 375H&H in the next couple of months. You may want to check with them as it may be an option for you as well. Between the ones you mentioned I’d say which ever fit you the best.

Welcome to AH.
Humansdorp Coop will allegedly get some Zastava 375H&H in the next couple of months. You may want to check with them as it may be an option for you as well. Between the ones you mentioned I’d say which ever fit you the best.
Thanks Hunting Sailor, I have looked at them as well. Ordered a Zastava .22lr from them and will see what the build quality is like when I receive it. But with the 375H&H I would like to get something that I will cherish and hunt with till my old day hopefully, and not wish that I rather spend that extra buck

Thanks Hunting Sailor, I have looked at them as well. Ordered a Zastava .22lr from them and will see what the build quality is like when I receive it. But with the 375H&H I would like to get something that I will cherish and hunt with till my old day hopefully, and not wish that I rather spend that extra buck
I have some CZ 375 H&H, love them. I also purchased a zastava in 458 win. Functions fine , shoots good, not the prettiest but it works good. I also purchased a CZ in 458 Lott shortly after. the CZ cost approx 3x as much as the zastava. I don't regret spending the extra money.

I still have both , but much prefer using the CZ.

@MAdcox thats a lovely rifle there. As many have said already the 375 H&H is very versatile. If you want to go into the 350rn area for bullets try the woodleigh. Only thing that lets the 350 TSX down (IMO) is the fact it dont open up any more than the 300 grn but the woodleigh does and therefore in my mind with create a slightly bigger wound channel. Equally the 300grn has been killing buff well for some time.

Oh by the way you will be in the market for a 400 cal before you know it. Big bores are like motorcycles. You start of small and the more you use them the bigger you end up getting :ROFLMAO: :W Revolver:

Nice Mickey!

Agree with others on 300 grain aframe for buffalo.

You might also want to look into the 235 grain CEB raptor for PG. I'm getting 2935 fps and incredible accuracy. It's also a devastating bullet on raccoons. :cool:

Raccoon go poooooffffff!!

Congrats on a beautiful rifle.I also just got my first 375HH .

I was thinking either A Frame or Barnes TSX for Buffalo.
I’ve seen 350 gr bullets as well. You guys like the heavier bullet or stick with the 300gr?
I'd say Barnes 350grTSX for dg.
Win 70 Safari Express.

Well the rifle did a great job. We had a wonderful hunt with @Kowas Adventure Safaris. I’ll be posting a full hunt report soon but wanted to add this to the rifle thread.
D4C38B38-059A-478F-92A1-E79C4AD495E0.jpeg
B334683F-CDCE-4334-97AF-1DC8FE46F430.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,