My dear Kali

We have a green space on our place - not large. It's where we bury our fur kids. It's a quiet peaceful beautiful place. Has pine trees, holly, magnolia trees and lilacs. When my time comes my ashes are to be spread there. I would rather spend eternity amongst those I cared for in life versus those I never knew.
 
Beautiful dog.......best decision but a hard one.....my wife and I also have been through this several times in our 51 years together.....but they're right.....the good memories bring back the smiles with time. Letting a dog go is tough. Thoughts and prayers PARA45.
 
I’m very saddened to read that you’ve lost Kali. Our dogs become both our best friends and family and it’s so hard to say Goodbye but ending their pain and suffering is the right thing to do when that time comes. Para, take comfort in knowing you did the right thing and that you’ve got a group here who understands you and can relate to your pain.
 
It is with a heavy heart that I'm posting this. Kali our lovely German Shephard will be taking her last ride and visit to the vet this afternoon. Since last Thursday she has not been eating and only drinking water. Had a visit with the Vet on Tuesday and her Thyroid numbers were not good. However, her hips and back legs have steadily been going from bad to worst.
My condolences on your loss of Kali. German Shepherds are special to those of us who admire them. We conversed about them when I first joined this list. I had to put mine down, Sigmund, last spring. He developed Degenerative Myelopathy in his old age. I know you provided Kali with a wonderful life for the years you had her. I hope the good memories last a long time. Laura
 
Dogs are like family members.. So sorry for your loss @PARA45 .. Our last GSD, Jax, was truly the best dog Ive ever had from childhood forward.. a loyal friend, kind, protective of both my family and property, but gentle natured, and just loved being "around" us all the time... he's been gone a few years at this point, and its still hard sometimes.. its a tough thing to go through.. my most sincere condolences..
So sorry for your loss. I had an almost all white except for a touch of orange on one ear English Setter named Scout from To Kill A Mocking Bird. My trainer in Whetherford TX told me she was too smart for her own good. Hunted like a champ for 10 minutes then she was done. Died at 13 years of age…God I miss that dog!!!!!
 
Kali is home again.

IMG_6160.jpeg
 
..."Sometimes I wonder of the pleasure of owning a dog is worth the misery caused by his death."

John Hunter's book, "Hunter" Pg 143

I believe we dog lovers accept the "Misery" and continue to have dogs in our lives.
 
Sad to hear. Only five years. Not enough time. Hang in there.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,162
Members
169,501
Latest member
AnjaAguiar
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top