My Covid vaccination experience

I've seen some strange stuff. Three good friends were in great health before the vaccine and now they have all passed away from natural causes.

Two of them in their mid 80's and the other one was 93, all three were vaccinated. Could this be a coincidence?
Either covid killed them or the vaccine did them in. They couldn't possibly died of anything else.

I also personally know 3 people that died within 3 weeks or less removed from booster shot. These people were in their 60’s. To many stories of this lately. In a few years I suspect we will all have more evidence and such but as for me I will be jobless living in a tent on my paid for property before I get any shot for the rest of my life. Same for the kids. That’s why I am pulling the trigger now on Africa just in case they start making vaccines mandatory to fly and such. Fingers crossed it won’t be by July 2022.

Its all very odd. I remain unvaxed and no plans to change that status. AFAIK, I have not had it but believe its possible I have, not been tested.
My wife, also unvaxed has had an upper respiratory issue for a couple of weeks, but for her its not uncommon. No fever, just runny nose, throat irritation and cough, much better now.
Wife is 66, I am 68.

Not sure what to make of all this, but I cant say I am sorry we havent been vaxed with the stories I keep hearing.
Guy I know on another forum got the jab and promptly got pericarditis which I had some 10 years ago, an experience I would like not to repeat!
So for now, its status quo, try to take care of ourselves, we arent traveling, no wish to put up with flying these days, sounds like a freaking nightmare mostly, no thanks.
Hopefully once Omicron blows thru everybody and pushes Delta out of the way which I guess it is, things may get back to semi normal, probably not like pre Covid but better than last year hopefully, and maybe we can get on with our lives without this crap being part of our daily conversation. I am frankly sick to death of hearing about it and talking about it!

Its all very odd. I remain unvaxed and no plans to change that status. AFAIK, I have not had it but believe its possible I have, not been tested.
My wife, also unvaxed has had an upper respiratory issue for a couple of weeks, but for her its not uncommon. No fever, just runny nose, throat irritation and cough, much better now.
Wife is 66, I am 68.

Not sure what to make of all this, but I cant say I am sorry we havent been vaxed with the stories I keep hearing.
Guy I know on another forum got the jab and promptly got pericarditis which I had some 10 years ago, an experience I would like not to repeat!
So for now, its status quo, try to take care of ourselves, we arent traveling, no wish to put up with flying these days, sounds like a freaking nightmare mostly, no thanks.
Hopefully once Omicron blows thru everybody and pushes Delta out of the way which I guess it is, things may get back to semi normal, probably not like pre Covid but better than last year hopefully, and maybe we can get on with our lives without this crap being part of our daily conversation. I am frankly sick to death of hearing about it and talking about it!
Was in Zambia in August and Austria in October. Will be in Argentina in March and Spain in April. Was in Dallas for DSC with a couple of thousand other unmasked fellow hunters. We are vaxed, boostered and working hard to keep life as normal and fun as possible.

Last edited:
Was in Zambia in August and Austria in October. Will be in Argentina in March and Spain in April. Was in Dallas for DSC with a couple of thousand other unmasked fellow hunters. We are vaxed boostered and working hard to keep life as normal and fun as possible.
You go be all you can be man,, you like traveling more than I do. (y)

I see accounting of lives that have been lost to the virus but I have known no one personally that died of it- I did know THREE people that have died because their scheduled appointments were cancelled because they were "elective" and the facilities were reserved for those with the virus. So I wonder what the death toll is for those that have died of other causes that would have been treated but for the virus paranoia.

I see accounting of lives that have been lost to the virus but I have known no one personally that died of it- I did know THREE people that have died because their scheduled appointments were cancelled because they were "elective" and the facilities were reserved for those with the virus. So I wonder what the death toll is for those that have died of other causes that would have been treated but for the virus paranoia.
I too dont know anyone personally who has died from it, nor anyone who has actually had the infection, other than a lot of folks who say they had it, but were not confirmed.
People get a nasty cold, UR virus or the flu and swear its Covid, but they dont know.

A healthy athletic neighboring rancher that also guides sheep, deer and pronghorn for me just got out of the hospital after two weeks. Never went on a ventilator but came close. He’s at home now on oxygen and slowly getting better. Didn’t get shots because he doesn’t trust doctors after almost dying due to a botched gall bladder surgery a few years ago.

Got my J&J vaccine last June or July. Can get my booster but only Pfizer or Moderna. But I am waiting for the Novavax booster to be greenlighted or a J&J booster

Got my overall second shot less than 2 weeks ago.
Side effect of the vaccine is still the same, Cold and loss of taste.

I am really beginning to believe that Australia has lost its collective mind. This is the number one player in the world and he is essentially a POW.

I took my first dose of pfizer 12/26/2020 (frontline healthcare worker). Second dose in January 2021. Muscle pain and flu like symptoms for about 24 hours with both. Moderna booster (lower dose vs pfizer standard dose and some evidence that mix and match provides better protection than same vaccine repeated). No symptoms with booster. I strongly recommend full vaccination and booster at 6 months to all my patients. My wife was vaccinated in April. My 13 yo son and 10 yo daughter both were vaccinated in the first week of availability for their respective age groups. My three year old is not eligible but I'm not sure he needs it as the risk benefit ratio is skewed by the low risk of serious disease particularly with omicron variant.

Not a fan of the Johnson & Johnson both for personal reasons (created from cell lines derived from aborted fetal tissue) and for medical reasons with an increased risk of venous thromboembolism (blood clots). J&J also shows weaker protection and probably should have been two shot series rather than a single dose from the beginning. That said, get what you can get and stay safe out there.

In an update to this, I contracted covid (presumably omicron though not specifically typed) in early January. I was exposed at work to a patient and became mildly symptomatic 4 days later. Headache fatigue and sore throat. No fever. Because i am a physician, i have to screen in to work every day. My screening flagged me as I knew it would and sent me for testing. Pcr positive so out of work for a week. Symptoms lasted 3 days. I isolated in the basement and nobody else in my house (all vaccinated except the toddler) got it. Repeat testing negative and cleared to return to work at 5 days with an n95 for 5 more days. I believe my course was mild and nobody else caught it from me because of the vaccination and booster. I thank God for the vaccines. As an aside, I am a surgeon and part of the story that isn't being told is the secondary effects of all this. Specifically, in one week of work I had to cancel 6 major cancer operations, 8 kidney stone surgeries, and approximately 70 office visits. I was able to return to work at 5 days but if not vaccinated it is 10 days, so double that. My next available new patient appointment is in August so I have no idea when I'll make all that up. My main hospital is now canceling elective surgeries (anything not immediately lifesaving) because they are so full with covid, almost all omicron and almost all unvaccinated. Vaccination is certainly a personal choice but affects others more than you know. A decision to remain unvaccinated may increase the chance of someone else dying from cancer. Americans aren't good at balancing public health with personal freedoms and I don't have the answer but I do believe the vaccines aren't just for you.

Thank you for your dedicated service and insight regarding second and higher order effects of the pandemic.

I am really beginning to believe that Australia has lost its collective mind. This is the number one player in the world and he is essentially a POW.

It is beyond belief that the citizens are tolerating this. This sounds more like Nazi Germany than Australia.

It is beyond belief that the citizens are tolerating this. This sounds more like Nazi Germany than Australia.

It began with taking back the guns ..... Funny how that works ....

I had both shots and tested positive for covid two weeks ago. The symptoms following the second injection were nearly identical to the actual virus. I am not thrilled about being forced to take the vaccines and then getting/spreading the virus. What exactly did the shots do for me, again? Herd immunity is a poor argument.

Was in Zambia in August and Austria in October. Will be in Argentina in March and Spain in April. Was in Dallas for DSC with a couple of thousand other unmasked fellow hunters. We are vaxed, boostered and working hard to keep life as normal and fun as possible.

If the "jab" and boosters actually worked as the demented pedophile president promised at one of his town hall's, I'd consider it, but as far as preventing the spread of, or catching COVID, it's a complete failure, except in your mind. Never seeing Africa again wouldn't persuade me to get this farce of a 'vaccine". It's laughable.

If the "jab" and boosters actually worked as the demented pedophile president promised at one of his town hall's, I'd consider it, but as far as preventing the spread of, or catching COVID, it's a complete failure, except in your mind. Never seeing Africa again wouldn't persuade me to get this farce of a 'vaccine". It's laughable.
Then don't. I truly don't care. These should be purely personal decisions. It is why, except for the military (taking necessary vaccines has never been voluntary for those in uniform), I am so opposed to mandates.

However, from my perspective, there is substantial evidence that the vaccines have been very effective in lessening the severity of infections. I have no problem taking advantage of those increased odds of not being seriously ill.

There's also substantial evidence that they can cause more harm than whatever conceived good they claim to do. All of this "you just don't get as sick" as the unvaxed do who get COVID is pure, 100% BS. I'm unvaxed, had COVID, mild cold symptoms, that's it. My dad is 86 and healthy as a horse and had it, same symptoms, unvaxed. It's the biggest scam ever.

For the record, I could care less who does or doesn't get the jab. Let's just not pretend it's something that it's not.

So everyone who has died or become very very sick from Covid has been a fake?
And those who have been vaxed and recovered never really needed the vax?

I have a few relatives and friends (both dead and alive) who beg to differ.

I don't believer in the mandates either, but will make of my on mind. I'm both vaxed and boosted, btw. Have not had the woo-flu as yet, but expect I'll get it sooner or later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg